When do couples usually have their first kiss?

I heard it's common on the first or second date... I am scared to kiss and that seems way too soon! I wouldn't want to kiss anyone unless he was my boyfriend! I've had guys try to kiss me on dates before, but I never kissed them and I think they thought I didn't like them... but I just wasn't comfortable... is it weird that I don't want to kiss anyone on a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• If the first date is going well, I kiss her sometime in the middle of our time together. It saves it from being awkward at the end of the night, plus it lets her know that I'm interested. It is just a kiss, but at least the other party sees you as potential second date material.

• I get so shy and embarrassed if someone tries to kiss me. It makes things awkward! I would rather just chat and get to know each other..

• I have a few male friends... but not that close. I know it's just a kiss... I wouldn't mind if it was just a peck on the lips, but I know guys want to do more then that :/

• Your guy friends would probably think it is adorable. I'd laugh and say go for it if a female friend did that.

What Guys Said 1

• Second or third date. Later means never, usually.

• why? I think second or third is way too soon! I wouldn't know the guy very well after only going on a few dates, I wouldn't want to kiss him even if I liked him...

• Well just tell it like it is. But chances are high that he takes it as you aren't interested. You have to overcome your shyness, at a point. Otherwise, it will look like dead end.

• It takes me more then 3 dates to feel comfortable around someone... I'm not so shy once I know someone well though.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes it's true that the first kiss is usually on the first or second date. But either those people were comfortable with it, or they will look back a regret it in one way or another. Your first kiss with someone should only be one that you are comfortable with. It's admirable that you are wise enough to know that.