Are there more bitter guys or more bitter girls on this site?

men seem completely frustrated, confused, insulting at times but hilarious. women seem hurt, confused, ready to give up but haven't lost their sense of humor. who's more bitter, guys or girls?

Most Helpful Guy

• From what I've seen in my short time here, men are far more bitter.

Women are, like you said, more confused and truly want help. Men, on the other hand, give advice with a cold undertone and can often be hurtful in how they give "advice."

I joined the site feeling none of these emotions. I simply like to talk about relationships and since I can't understand women at all, at least I can answer women about how weird us guys are. =)

• Thanks for your honesty. men aren't as careful to not hurt feelings, women are more sensitive to other's needs. are men giving up?

• It seems as though most men have already given up before answering, especially questions that remind them of a situation that may have caused the bitterness. I don't know if most men are giving up, but it seems like it.

Take everything in stride, guys. Things will get better. Treat everyone with respect, especially women.

What Guys Said 14

• I don't know if men or women are more bitter. You do get a fair amount of venting, perhaps more from the men than the women, but you also get a lot of reassurance seekers which are more often women than men, IMO. I am not bitter, but I sure do get bugged sometimes about what I read here and I don't always exercise proper restraint to keep the judgmental or annoyed edge out of my comments.

In general though, while there are many blunt, honest answers, I also see a lot of fluff and paper answers as people try to be non-judgmental and not hurt feelings. So they are less than honest about what they actually think sometimes.

There needs to be a happy medium--not too harsh, but also honest. I also think it unrealistic to expect a sea of anonymous readers to be value neutral with respect to very value laden questions.

• Some men who answer on here can seem to be complete jerks, but I wouldn't put them in the "bitter" category. Much like how women can be categorized as "bitchy" when they may just be expressing their opinion, I believe the men who are categorized as "bitter" are just being honest. They may just be going off of what they have experienced.

Using myself as an example, that's what I do. I go off of what I've experienced in life and with women or whatever the subject is I'm commenting on. I will state if I'm guessing or not, which I try not to do. I also have made it a rule not to answer or ask anything anonymously. That lends more credence to an answer, I think.

To answer your question however, I think it's pretty balanced. I've seen been both sexes get pretty worked up over several subjects.

• Sometimes the honesty and advice comes off as bitter esp to women. in a relationship, we don't want our man to solve the problem which men always want to do, we just want them to be supportive. not sure what they expect when they come here for answers. new perspective maybe. guys are good at seeing the whole picture when we are consumed with the here and now.

• Hmm, good point on women seeking support. I have, generally, tried to give advice and wish the question-asker well if they're in a bind or not doing so well. I know that doesn't necessarily help all that much, but not sure what else to say. Being a stranger to everyone here, I'm not sure exactly how to be real comforting without coming off as creepy. I think honesty is important if things are to improve with their situation. I would rather not dull that.

• Well, sometimes people need a reality check. maybe subconsiously they know that and need to hear it from someone else. honesty is a great help, a new perspective even better. I really enjoy reading answers from men. there's no tip toeing, just the facts, as they see them. some girls tell it like it is but they come off sounding mean.

• As I learned last year men are less caring. I hurt a woman's feelings w/o thinking about the impact than when she treated me as I deserved to be treated I had the nerve to say what did I do to deserve this? As far as the site a lot of guy's will either type in all caps or be just negative.

They will say "There are 16,000,999 questions like this search the site"

Where as a woman will answer you and most times say contact me or reply if you need more help.

• Do you think guys are less feeling and don't feel as many or as intense emotions as girls or are they less sympathetic, as in more self-centered?

• in my opinion, the men are more bitter, just the fact that when a guy is upset over something, he is told to "get over it" while women appear to have their own support groups over everything from bra size to broken hearts.

but who backs up the men even when they are right? certainly not the women.

• Spoken like a true bitter man. =] I've been told plenty of times not to dwell, get over it, how to feel, not feel....by a man.

• This should be selected as best answer

• Elaborate, give me a reason.

• I can say that I am very, very, VERY bitter.

• Well, I would say you are very honest. it took me years of marriage, ages of arguements to get where I am right now. when you and a partner have realistic expectations, are willing to compromise some, it will go a lot smoother. unfortunately, it seems the only way to learn the opposite sex is by practice- trial and error. =/

• This man sounds bitter!

• I am new in this site but I saw some men are really scared to say the truth and also some ladys who thinks that there is no hope in this life ..come on but I think lady’s answers are much better until now because they answer from the heart even if its tough but its true but men answers just came from there own experience , let me say like this , 50% for men answers and 70% women

• On this site I think it's the men who are more bitter because it's easier for us to vent online than it is in everyday life. I don't feel comfortable venting about relationships with people face to face and I'm guessing I'm not alone!

• There seems to be a trend here. men have lots to say on the subject but where are the women? and don't say shopping or comparing bra size =]

• I don't know really, as humans we are designed to read body language. If body language is present its easier to understand things. But that doesn't mean to say you can't have amazing online friendships/relationships. It's just harder to spot a bullsh*tter online lol. Online works well if people are honest and don't pretend to be someone they arent, if they are genuine and still share things you can grow very fond of them. Online just requires more trust and honesty.

• So true, it's hard to communicate w/o seeing the person thus emoticons. on the other hand, you have opportunity to interact with people you never would have. something to think about.

• that's a good question... that's hard to call. I say it's 50/50... men and women got diff wayz of dealing with this sorta thing...

• Yeah women are self-inflicting and men lash out. makes the men appear more bitter but maybe just an illusion.

• Men are more bitter. The advices I give are blunt and to the point and may come over as being cold, harsh and may often get thumbs down, but that's how I tell the truth and how I get my point across and express my feelings

• i guess guys are less sensitive so by nature they are more bitter.No matter how bitter the lady is .. she would alwayz be sweet or spicy!

• Does it make you feel better to sum up everything you notice?

• Based on the questions you have answered w/o reading your answers, I'm going to surmise you aren't in a relationship right now. I pick everything apart, analize it, weigh it, compare it...i'm female. =]

• You need a man to survive? If you talk to women they get all upset when you tell them you need one of them to live. Everyone says that you have to learn to live with yourself before you can find someone. What's the deal with that?

• Well I fell in love with my husband when I was 18 and have been with him ever since. I'm talking about surviving despite the man. hahahaha I only wish I had known about the being happy with yourself part. would have saved us both a lot of trouble. I just didn't understand men at all. so, yeah, figuring out stuff makes me feel better because he's not going to. =]

• I dunno, I can be pretty bitter haha, so we will call it mean for meow.

• Bitter already before the age of 25? what will you be in another 25 yrs? hahahahaha jk, you don't sound bitter at all.

• Haha well at least the ladies can get a kick out of our frustrations haha

• Bitter and frustrated, yet not ready to give up. you guys just can't live without girls.

• I don't know. I have a certain amount of bitterness, no argument there.

• I think both groups are bitter but about different things. Men are bitter at womens coldness. There bitter because women don't show affection enough and put the guy threw an obsticle course just to figure out if she will go out with you. This happens before the first date when we have to prove we are perfect. I think women are bitter about men after the relationship starts. We don't show enough affection have issues with marriage and get lazy. So basicly men don't put in enough effort after the relationship has ben going on a while. But women will find a flaw in Superman before choosing to date him. You put us threw hell to get to the first date we do to little after the 20th date. Torcher vs lazyness.

• I can't really comment on that since I've been in the same relationship since I was 18. I will say women have unrealistic expectations of men. they want from the person they love and adore what their girlfriends give them, attention (listen when we talk even if we drone on for hrs), support, feedback (don't ever tell us how we should feel), to be your world like you are ours. it took me 20 years to figure out I was expecting my husband to be like a girl- yuck.

What Girls Said 2

• I think that men are more bitter at least because, the way I see it, girls tend to blame themselves more when it comes to relationship stuff [and learn lessons] whereas guys blame others - usually either the girl who did them wrong or the guy who did a girl wrong.

• That is such a good point about girls blaming themselves. yeah, good answer.

• So true. why are guys so quick to assume the guy is a jerk? are they jealous that he's got the girl?

• Maybe some. but it's usually when the guy used the girl for physical pleasure but doesn't actually care about the girl and, thus, treats her like crap that the guy gets labeled a "jerk."

• When it comes to being bitter I think it is more women than men. I see a lot of girls on here crying about relationships, Is he that into me?, etc etc..As far as the way guys respond I take it as them being blunt and telling it like it is. This is what this site is supposed to be for, Nobody should sugar coat anything on any issue, Sometimes it could be harsh, but the majority of the time men's answers are true and helpful. When girls are crying over the same issue and it's asked and asked over again, I find that bitter and unhappy and the Guys are just yelling "get over it". When girls blame themselves for things that happen in there relationships and don't look at it from both angles, considering all faults. I think that is weak. I like a guy who is straightforward with their opinion.

• You make a great point, there's no reason to be here if we can't be honest even if it hurts.