Why did he fall off the face of the earth?

MY PROBLEM: 5 days ago, I went out with this guy for the second time. He hasn't contacted me yet. All we did was poke each other on Facebook... how pathetic. We are never this lame in person.

I met him at a camp a couple months back and we became best friends. He had a terrible relationship with his girlfriend, so he broke up with her couple weeks after camp. To my surprise, he asked me to hang out after the break up. (Coffee, dinner, then a walk) I wasn't sure if it was a date, or if he just needed a friend.

WHAT HAPPENED RECENTLY:

That was 5 days ago we decided to go out for the second time to ski. When we left the mountain, we just parked the car somewhere and started to chat.

We while we chatted, he eventually lay down with his head on my lap. My hand rested on his chest, and he gently held it. It was delicate- fingers slightly intertwined, and he occasionally stroked my hand and even held it up to his face once and left it there. YET, our conversation contradicted our body language so much, which left me EXTREMELY confused. We were discussing our FEAR OF COMMITMENT, while we were bonding so cozily. Our fear wasn't a problem about lack of commitment (not cheating/flirting etc), it was the HESITATION. The because for his fear was from being trapped in an unhappy relationship for a year and a half, and as for me- the origins of my fear is unknown to me.

Once, right after I said something in the middle of our conversation, he pulled me in and give me a peck on the cheek and casually slipped out "I love you". He caught himself, and we groaned and laughed about how that phrase was always inappropriately used. However, this little gesture left me wondering if he usually kissed girls as friends, or if I was actually a little more special!

Fast forward, he drives me home because it was getting late. He walks me to my front door, where I finally showed my affection with a peck on his cheek. I guess I was nervous, so I turned around to open the door right after. Without hesitation, he gives me a kiss on my cheek along with a shoulder squeeze/hug. He ends it with a few "Good night"s and "I had fun."s

Can someone please TELL ME WHY he hasn't contacted me?

What Guys Said 1

• From everything above, it sounds like he isn't over the ex. That doesn't mean he trying to get back with her, but it sounds like she left a very negative impression on his mind. If anything, it would appear he doesn't want to rush into any relationship, and there's little you can do about it. Your best bet would be wait a little while longer for him to contact you again.

Only then try to contact him again, or if it goes for a while with no contact, then call him and let him know you enjoy spending time with him. Don't bring up the commitment topic no matter what, he'll get around to mentioning it if it is on his mind.

What Girls Said 0