Would you try a dating site if you're in your early 20s?

I'm 24, but I feel like someone my age should be able to meet people in person. Unfortunately, I'm kind of a loner, which also makes me uneasy about even actively looking for someone online, since if they find out that I don't have any friends, they might look for someone else.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are a girl in your twenties, you'll get plenty of attention online. A lot of it will be surrounding one-night stands, but there are some guys that are into relationships on dating sites, myself included. If you are half-way-decent looking and not majorly overweight, you'll get plenty of messages.

If I were you though, I'd focus on finding out what your interests are and then make friends with people who share the same interests.

• wait, make friends with people who share the same interests online or in the real world?

• In the real world.

www.meetup.com

www.volunteermatch.com

www.yelp.com (they have meetups with the public for different businesses)

• You just have to find some interesting groups online through research then go and meet folks in the world outside. :)

What Guys Said 6

• I've considered it, though I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to yet or not. There are still some reservations and other things I'm working on.

• well since your a girl, you will have a lot of options online, but 95 percent of them will be negative options, not the type you want, but there are plenty of guys on there that actually want a relationship

• Online dating is not all that it is cracked up to be. However, if you are not meeting girls anywhere else you might as well try. BUT online dating should NEVER the only thing you do to try and meet girls, keep trying other methods as well.

• I agree with you. I would never use a dating site, I'm just not into it. Its not that I'm against it, its just not my thing. you should try going out with friends, any friends but if you really want to you could use a dating site.

• can I be ya friend? just ask a guy ya like in person..it should be no probelmo for ya. ya sound like nice person.

• yeah but no luck for me

What Girls Said 4

• Im 22, I'm trying it, but I don't know, most of the guys are too weird. And not that attractive, and when they're attractive they usually just want sex. It's a confusing cyber-world out there.

• YES! So true, I agree with all of that.

• Why not give it a go? Sounds like a good alternative for a less social person.

• If I wanted to date I may consider it. My age has nothing to do with my decision. I don't think dating sites are horrible, but you have to be careful.

• See if you have speed dating or something of the sorts in your area. I hear a lot of stuff about online dating which makes me wary of it. The good thing about online dating is that you can see right away whether people drink or want kids and if they just want sex. The bad thing is that a lot of people are crazy and disappointing. Meeting someone in person allows you to get a better feel of who is out there.

• That's what I think, and it's easy to hide some major flaws if you're online.

• True, you can hide some flaws online, but in the end, when you meet up with someone for the first time, be it offline or online, they are just a stranger until you get to know them better. Just meet in a public place until you are more comfortable to see if you want a second date or not.