Why do guys even go to clubs? Degrading?

Girls go there to have fun, dance, drink I get that, but seems like guys just go there to hunt. Its kinda disturbing seeing guys go up and rub up on random chicks. Il admit I've done it and I've never felt so disappointed in myself, felt worse then going to the strippers. Clubs just seem so juvenile and immature to me now after a year of being legal age. Most of the time in clubs I actually find it degrading to men now because we make ourselves look like a bunch of hungry wolves...

Its been bothering me lately,

What do you think

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree, I'm 22 and I don't go out to clubs much. Once in a while with friends on special occasions. But I have to agree with you, it's not much fun. Random guys do come and start grinding and that makes it uncomfortable. I hate it, I realize people are out there to meet others, but why do that? Go up to a girl and try to start a conversation. I know it's hard to talk since there is loud music, but try talking and then maybe move to a table somewhere and talk.

When I went with my friends, my boyfriend and his friends met up with us. I was dancing with my friends when this one guy, who none of us knew, he was a completely random dude, grabbed my friend and began grinding on her. I was like "UH PUHLEASE!?" Grabbed my friend and got her out of there :P I thought it was kind of rude, and random.

But that was at a bar that gets kind of rowdy.

I think if you want a relationship, then you should be looking elsewhere. To tell you the truth, a bar really is only good for hook ups. Some people may find it a good way to meet people. But I beg to differ. Join a club, have friends hook you up, try online dating, go do a class somewhere. Do something that opens you up to other people, clubs are hard to see and here in. So it's no wonder many aren't successful.

What Girls Said 5

• I've really never thought of it that way. In my group of friends, we have a bunch of guys we take out every so often (its a rare thing lol) and they always seem to have a blast. Sometimes we even try and help them look less lurky so they can dance with other girls :) Clubs can be pretty sketchy, but my friends are all really great guys.

• Well a lot of guys are there hunting down easy girls. It could go both ways and you could say girls just go there because they're sluts. But that's a generalization and isn't true about everyone. Guys and girls go to clubs to have fun, not all of them are lurkers/sluts

• I think think it's fun for giggles and dancing

• Marry me?

• Guys don't have fun there? Huh, I didn't know that. Yeah, I love having fun with friends, dancing and drinking (not getting completely wasted though), but I try to stay away from hungry wolves. . .

• Also, I think some of them get drunk and all they're really thinking about is getting some ass, don't know how they feel about it after though.

• Im sure some guys have fun, not me personally because I can't stop thinking about how bad it makes men look

• I usually think about how bad some of the girls look. Some have their dresses hiked up so high you can see their panties, and then they pretned they're strippers on the poles or dry hump some random guy at a 90 degree angle or something. I try to ignore it though and just do my own thing.

What Guys Said 9

• I think its fun every once in a while, but personally anybody who regularly goes to clubs is pathetic haha. From my experience its just a bunch of desperate guys trying to get some and then a bunch of girls dressing and acting as "skanky" as possible until a guy worthy enough to their standards comes and sweeps them away.

I'm not convinced that any girls really go there "just to have fun with friends". If that were true they wouldn't dance, dress, and act the way they do. Girls try to convince themselves that they're there just for fun but the underlying truth is that they're lookin for some guy. They just get sick of the pathetic losers that I mentioned earlier during the mean time.

• Sorry but why do you assume all guys are like you? I have an awesome time at a club. Be it with girls or without. If I roll with girls that are friends then I usually go to more latin type clubs and we dance a lot. Feels awesome when you are in a club and the music is perfect. Like the right Dj puts all the best sh*t and you are just digging the music and dancing. Before I used to go with a guy friend hunting, but hunting for good djs. He knew every good dj in the city for house music (I used to live in Buenos Aires) and we would just go there, and find a spot and start doing our techno dance for literally 4 hours straight. The last guy I saw was this guy Dj Diplo link

Ye I have also meet chicks but I sorta just wait for some eye contact or I start a convo with someone and if I get a good vibe then I work towards getting her number so I can hang out with her durring the day or if she is really flirty then I might work towards a one night stand, but I have really lost my appetite for one nighters and I generally go for numbers and actually hanging with them before we do anything.

• You're asking why guys go to clubs? Same reason why you think girls go to clubs (and to get girls of course). I LOVE the music, that's the first reason I go, then social reasons (including meeting women - no shame) is the second.

Girls can stay home and have fun, dance, and drink. The fact is they go for other reasons to. They wouldn't be spending hours getting pretty if they where going JUST to have fun, dance, and drink. I guess you don't understand that women are very sexual to, they just don't flaunt it with their behavior because in our society it's frowned upon for a women to be as sexual as a man.

It's more degrading to a guy if he represses his sexuality and desire to do what is natural. Sure there are limits, and most of the "d-bags" in clubs are clueless about women so they just let their monkey brain take over and "see women, try to f*** her", but it's still natural to behave like that. Most men ARE hungry for sex wolves, some just know how to control and manipulate it better.

• When I turned 21, I started going out to nightclubs.

I enjoyed the entire atmosphere of clubb'n. The upbeat vibe of the place was very fun, meeting people just as energetic as me when they're drunk, is fun.

It did get old around the 3rd time I went. Then I mainly went for special occasions only (other ppl's 21st birthday, the weekend after exams are over, etc.)

I never was the "walk up to girls and grind" type of dude. That's probably why I'm not into clubs that much. I prefer house parties, dive bars and lounges. I like talking to ppl, and a club just isn't the place for that.

Talking to females is my skillset. Therefore I must go to places that I am able to use my best asset.

It's like me being a power-based tennis player...and CHOOSING to play on grass courts.

• Honestly I enjoy meeting people in general at clubs. I love dancing, I love music, damn I like to drink, and I like meeting people. I mean grinding is fun to me. I go to the club for fun, not to hunt. Most guys that stand against the wall and stare are hunting, but don't know how to just let loose. I know a lot of guys that don't enjoy grinding, but that's alright. How you chose to interact with woman is up to you.

• They go there because lots of easy and hot chicks go there.

• because I like the music and the slutty dress that women wear :P

• learn how to have fun in clubs

• people don't want to admit it, but the truth is: those guys are kind of pathetic (definitely not real men). they seem so desperate, frustrated and clingy = the opposite of a manly man.