What does he want from me? I really don't understand this guy? Can somebody help me :)?

OK, I'm a junior in high school now and I've been knowing this guy since about 7th grade. During and after 8th grade year, we got pretty close, he was calling me wifey and everything, saying how we're going to be together someday but after 9th grade we started falling apart (we went to different schools after 8th grade). It was either a) he would text me back too late, b) he didn't text back at all or c) we did text but we just didn't have any connection anymore. He used to text me all the time, but then I started trying to text him more to keep our friendship going. But eventually I just gave up on him, I didn't see the point of making an effort to keep our friendship going if he wasn't going to make any effort back. so after months of not talking, he just randomly texted me asking me was I going to the mall today, I said no because I just went to the mall two days ago, then he said "aww it would have been cool to see you today but what's up? I haven't talked to you in a while :)" We started talking for a while and about a week later he sends me another random text saying "omg dw! I miss you so much >_<" Then we started talking again. But every time he texts me and I text him back, he doesn't respond. So I don't know what to do with him lol he always tries to text me and start conversations with me, and he would wish me happy holidays like Christmas, new years, etc. but every time I text him back, he doesn't respond. And every time I think we're finally done, he sends me another text out of the blue! Sorry that is so long lol he just confuses me so much, I really don't know what to do with him. Why do you think he does this? What does he want from me? Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds like a typical guy. They do this all the time and it is very confusing. I think that the first time you fell apart it was because you were at different schools. He obviously made new friends and didn't see you as often so he would forget about you in a way. Also at that age people are changing a lot so its hard to maintain relationships when you don't know exactly who you are yet.

When the whole mall thing happened he probably just wanted to see you and catch up because he hadn't heard from you in a while. I have guy friends like that. They don't text you for weeks and then suddenly they try and make plans. Its because they don't want to lose you as a friend.

This sounds harsh, but I think that to him you are just a friend. You're not the most important thing in his life, but he still wants to keep you around because he enjoys talking to you. People change and it sucks, but its life I guess.

• I know I know, you're right :) and I know we're just friends but I'm the one that keeps trying to end it, I've even told him that I didn't want to talk to him anymore, he's the one that keeps coming back, I been moved on, I deleted his number and everything, but I still know his number when I see it and he still tries to text me every once in a while, I just don't know what to do with him lol

• Then he's probably just texting you when he's lonely because he has no one else to talk to. He wants you there for that reason. Oh wow. If you keep ignoring him I'm sure he will get the picture.

What Guys Said 1

• He may have feelings for you but is a bit shy, except for sometimes when he bucks up so to speak... He says that he misses you. If you feel like pursuing it, take the chance. If it don't end the way you want it to, at least you won't regretting sitting on the side line... ^^

What Girls Said 0