Anything good about online dating?

i was reading an article earlier about how a lot of people are meeting online these days. so I'm curious, have you guys ever met someone online? or personally know someone who has?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've done it, My friends did it, almost everyone is doing it, its like a new phase coming in , like unorthodox fashion styles. (blame gaga, don't look at me)

Well everything is changing now from the last generation, more interracial couples, technology is outside of this world and everyone has one, and with the perks of technology, we can keep in touch with everyone from anywhere on the planet. So with that, you can develop a connection with anyone and make a relationship work.

Anything is possible if two parties work together towards the same goal with passion and persistence.

What Guys Said 4

• I have and every time it's been an EPIC failure, maybe you'd have better luck because your a girl (sad to say) but yeah, after the 4th time things went sour I'm like DONE haha

• One of my friends met her husband online and another is engaged. I've considered it, but I'm not completely sure I want to quite yet.

• I havnt met a girl off the internet yet :/

• I've used two different online dating sites -- OKCupid and Plenty of Fish -- for the past year and a half.

I dated a girl for 9 months on OKC and I am currently dating someone who I met on POF.

I met a bunch of other girls in between, but really only met two I am serious enough about to be in a committed relationship with.

There are a lot of pluses -- easier to meet people, you can be more selective, you can get a better sense of someone before you really meet them (but then again a person online is different than in person). Also, since so many people are doing it you can just sit back and wait for people to contact you.

I also met two of my closest friends from online dating. We realized we weren't compatible, but are now very close friends.

I think it's way easier for a girl to online date than a guy.

Oh, and be warned a lot of creeps are out there (more so online than in person).

But in the end I'd definitely recommend it.

What Girls Said 8

• i never used an online dateing website an I don't judge because it sounds like a good way to meet people but girl to girl just becare full because there are crazy people out there and I meet a good friend over face book I requested this person by accedent an we winded up talking and meeting up were aren't dating but we hang out together

• Well I've been with my boyfriend for over 5 years and we met online. I couldn't be happier.

• A friend of mine actually met his wife from online dating and they've been married for four years now. They are still very much in love. I know that there is a lot of stigma attached to online dating but this doesn't mean that it won't work! Also, my friend and his wife are not 'loser-ish' in ANY way whatsoever; they are very outgoing and are not bad-looking as well. I guess they are exceptional and are extremely lucky...

• .. wel, I met this boy online but not in dating sites. we suddenly got close to each other the first time we chatted because we have the same interests! :D. then, he asked if we could date but I refused because we just met. I want to know him better. he asks me to get online the day after that and I did. he asked again and I refused again. omg. I realized that it was a waste though. but i, thinking about our culture, am not ready for dates :(.. and also, our time gap is way too far. I just only want to be friends with him.. but who knows :)..so, online dating is good but you also meet creeps along the way.

• Nothing really, there's a lot of people that fake who they are and some people only long into them sites because theyre looking for victims I don't trust dating sites.

• I'm in a long distance relationship and the internet is the only way we can talk. We also met on the internet, and have been dating for the past 17 months. It's going great so far (:

• Yess, we've been together for the past 13 months and were still going strong. :)

• I've been using a teen site for a couple of weeks, like a few days after Christmas. The first guy I met, we met the first night I was on, he ended up being weird like clingy and way too soon too fast. Second guy I met seemed perfect, but was flirting with me for an ego boost. 3rd guy loves in England, so we message every day but for the time being were just friends given the distance. 4th I thought was like the second, only after an ego boost, but he legit likes me and is trying to go to college near me, for me. Those guys were the only ones that mattered, even if only for a short while, but there were hundreds of creeps in between, like anything in love, gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince. And even that, imnit sure of, my heart is locked up