Guys: Would being a virigin be a turn off?

If you were looking for a long-term partner and found out the girl you're dating is a virgin and is waiting until marriage what would be your first thoughts? Would you be able to respect that or would you rather date someone else? I am not a religious fanatic or anything but I do want commitment and I want my first time to be meaningful and with someone I care about and trust. I don't mind a guy masturbating or watching p*rn or whatever but I do want to have a monogamous relationship. Does that sound reasonable or am I asking too much?

Sorry to those of you who found the question misleading.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd keep dating other people. I'd be open to dating her too, but not exclusively.

I think the ability/willingness to date someone whose sexual desires differ from your own is greater early on. It'll be much less of an obstacle for you today than it will be in 5 years time. Which is why you'll likely either get married early, change your mind about sex before marriage or become WORLD class at giving oral.

• Haha I like the last one.

• Ha! It IS! If you think you'd enjoy it just wait till you see his reaction! LOL!

• Haha can't wait.

What Guys Said 10

• Monogamy is good. But waiting for marriage means you are relying on the fact that when the time comes, you will be compatible in that area. So how do you ensure that? Do you talk about specific desires up front or do you just make the best of it. Sorry that's answering a question with a question.

• I am up for discussing sexuality with my partner. This would definitely be discussed. In fact, I want to have a sheet that has all different types of sexual acts and we both circle the ones we think we'd enjoy or would like to try then switch papers and compare answers. When we were alone, sex would probably come up somewhat often.

• Virgin, I wouldn't mind and I'd like it since I'm one

but I don't see the point in waiting for marriage, I could stick it out if I liked her but I wouldn't like it,

that's not too say I just wanna have sex, I'm a virgin and want to lose it to a serious girlfriend but I see no point in waiting for marriage

• Since I'm a virgin myself I'd be completely OK with this situation

But my guess is that most guys wouldn't want to wait.

• Yay! To the first line that is ^U^

• I don't know about you, but I'd much prefer to end up with a virgin. Especially at my age because I feel like some girls expect guys to be experienced and don't respect virgins.

• Lol I don't recommend you tell a girl that right away if you like her. Only because a lot of guys have a fetish or preference and make us feel like we're meat. Just warning you. I know what you mean, but some girls won't. I personally like the idea of being each others' firsts, but I don't mind dating a guy with some experience either. I am pretty neutral about it. And lol there was actually a discussion on here how some virgins want experienced guys so it won't hurt as much the first time.

• No virgin girls are cute, few guys are generally turned off by that. Would be fine dating her and marrying

• Yay! ^U^

• Lol that's what I was thinking. And thank you. You too.

• your welcome! :P lol

• it varies from man to man, I know right away I will tell you right away that I wouldn't date you, and I am sure must men wouldn't like that idea either. There are a couple of men though who would wait until they get married as well to have sex or they will respect your decision. I however would make an exception if I really love you, but to be fair that is very rare and that happens only once in a blue moon.

• i don't want someone that is waiting to get married.

• Nope, not a turn off. I'll know to be extra careful.

• No I don't you are asking too much. Being a virgin isn't a turn on or turn off in my opinion. ^^

• I would respect your descision but if you can give me oral then, most likely I'm going to pass.

• that is my first rule :))) the girl I date to be virgin.

• Haha so you won't date someone who has had sex even if she regretted it?

• Totally right, if I love a girl, I would marry ger also, to be virgin make her innocent ^^

• Wait, are you a virgin? That is, if you don't mind me asking...

What Girls Said 2

• hasn't this topic been discussed to death on here already?

We have a search bar for a reason

• I saw a few guys asking about it but I didn't see any girls asking

• Lol so why do you go on here?

• obviously to ask questions myself. And to give my opinions on good questions, and respond to the morons who feel the need to repeat questions 109810930983 times :P

• Being a 'virgin' & waiting for marriage are completely different.

• Well I am both. So...

• So the title is misleading. Being a virgin, just means you have never had sex. Waiting till marriage means you plan to not have sex, for an indefinite amount of time. very different.

• Lol I think you mean uncertain or undefined. Indefinite means forever. I don't want to be a virgin forever! And I am sorry for being misleading. I did make sure to leave a detailed discription of my exact circumstances that has obviously been read so hopefully people will understand. And if you really want to, it can be looked as two different questions. Is being a virgin a turn off? Is wanting to wait until marriage a turn off?