Should I reply to his message?

So basically, I started a new course last week and on my first day got chatting to a really nice guy who has quickly become my crush...in our class on Friday he seemed really stressed so in the evening I sent him a fb message to see if he was all right. Yesterday he replied with a really detailed response and started talking about how he wanted people to see him how he used to be. He finished the message by saying have a good weekend. So should I reply or not? It seems rude to not reply but I don't want to seem too keen or anything? Thanks for any advice!

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course you should! If you like him then you should definitely be friendly with him. Otherwise you won't get anywhere. If you're fearing of seeming keen whenever it comes to things like this use this trick. Whenever you're in doubt over replying to something or saying something imagine it was another guy friend of yours whom your not really interested in romantically. Would you still have replied to him? Yes because that's just proper manners! So just keep using this technique but at the end remember, sometimes it's good to put yourself out there if you have nothing to lose. Being obvious is a risk but that could actually be the best thing you've ever done, by being open and honest about your feelings.

What Guys Said 1

• Reply to him. Seesh girls over analyze stuff all the time! He is probably stressed because he needs to get a lot of stuff done. Most guys tend to get quite when they get stressed because they concentrate what's on hand but this does not mean that he does not like you (just distracted). If your nice to him especially when he feels stressed and respond to him he will trust you more. The whole men like to chase a girl is BS (we move on to the next girl that is not playing games with us). Men like women that are nice and kind to them. You get what you put into it. Men love a girl that has their back and makes them feel better!

What Girls Said 4

• Reply to him. The guy opened up to you. It's called self-disclosure. That's one of the thing that happens in order for relationships to develop. People have to share things about themselves. He was obviously testing the water with you to see how you were going to react. If you don't reply he might think that you're not interested and might stop trying to talk to you.

Also, there's a difference between being a nice person who replies to a message that shares a lot about a person and being too keen. Too keen would be if you told him your entire life story in your reply and signed off after asking him to marry you. Just talking to him and sharing something relevant in return is good game strategy. So go out and take the battle. :)

• Reply! If he's sent you back a really long or detailed messaged, he seems like he wants to carry on the conversation :) I don't think it's overly keen at all, go for it

• Take your time to formulate the message you want to reply, but do reply. Otherwise he may think he's gone way overboard with his (sort off) confession and he won't talk to you anymore, and I don't think that point is what you're trying to reach.

• when guys rant... they're just looking for someone to listen to them most of the time. you don't have to give him advice but showing him you actually read the message is always a good thing. I'd reply with a smaller paragraph than his... not too long or too short. I'd say what I would do and then say something like... 'it's not worth stressing over, you don't need anyone's approval because you're already awesome'... I don't really know but something like that :) and of course say have a nice weekend back. it's always nice to know that someone actually cares and is willing to listen.

hope this helped :)