What should I do for him?

My boyfriend's grandmother is really sick and probably won't make it. I want to do something sweet for him or get him something to possibly cheer him up a bit. Any ideas? It would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be there for him. Now is one of those times that you need to put the "friend" in girlfriend. Be a good listener and be around when he needs a shoulder to cry on.

There's no right or wrong way to mourn. Everyone has their own way of doing things.

What Guys Said 4

• A lot guys like to look strong, especially in this age group. So I'd say is just make yourself emotionally available to him. Maybe go that extra mile you normally wouldn't. Sit down and watch his favorite TV show even if you hate it, cuddle with him. Just make sure he understand you're there for him.

• Just be there for him..

When my grandfather almost died all I wanted was a shoulder to cry on.. Even if I didn't cry I just wanted it..

No gift will work.. Just hold him tight.. You don't even need to talk.. Just hold him tight

• Most guys aren't really into cheer ups, he will work through this in his own way, but what you can do is be there for him and be close to him.

• When I went through a similar experience, I pulled away from everyone I loved but at the same time I wanted them to try and pull me back in you know what I mean. I just wanted a hug and some hand holding.

What Girls Said 3

• The most important thing is to be there for him when he needs you, but also understand that there may be some times that what he needs is you being okay with not being with him. If you wanted to do something small and cute you could go to the dollar store and find a bunch of small things that remind you of him, remind you of your relationship, and things that are his favorite and put them in a basket. It's small, not too expensive, but it shows that you're thinking about him and it'll make him smile.

• I would just stay in with him and make it a really sweet considerate night, rent his favorite movie and curl up together, make him a nice dinner, something that he would really like, comfort foods help, and maybe a small sweet gift would help, my boyfriend was going through a rough time and I made him dinner, we curled up in front of his favorite movie and I have him a big bag of peanut M&M's because they're his favorite. I remember we ate them in his room after the movie and he opened up to me about how hard things were and it really helped him get it off his chest.

• Be there for him and cuddle at your place watching a movie of his choice.