Should I give up? Should I change?

Its been quite a long time since I last had a girlfriend (counting years here) I think this is mainly due to the kind of person I am. I don't really enjoy "going out" I'm not really comfortable with crowds so when friends in the past have gone out drinking and other such activities I've always stayed home.

Over the years I have met plenty of nice women I enjoyed talking with and such, problem is none of them live in the same country as me. Should I just keep trying to find that girl who enjoys Internet as much as me or should I try to conquer my fear?

(if this is a little hard to understand think of the TV series "big bang theory" might get a better idea of my problem)

Most Helpful Girl

• CONQUER! I still don't do a lot of that stuff, I can't even tell you the last time I saw my best friends. which was probably sometime last fall, just because I didn't feel like driving to see them at their schools or going out when they came home for breaks.

I'm so shy and timid, especially around my boyfriend's friends. And we almost broke up because of it. Sometimes, you just have to put yourself out there and hope for the best. Have fun, conquer your fears! That's what I'm trying to do, so I promised I'd go to some parties finally.

Good luck!

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should keep looking maybe an online dating site. Don't change who you are completely but most girl you'll date will want to go out even once in awhile. So maybe slowly once in awhile go out.

What Guys Said 1

• I think your in a pickle here (I know how corny that sounds). Just going out doesn't guarantee that you're going to meet a whole bunch of new people if you're antisocial and feel uncomfortable to begin with. Remember in that episode of TBBT when Howard, Raj, and Leonerd go out to a club to meet girls...it didn't really go well, well except for Raj..sort of.. The point am trying to make is that just going out isn't really going to change anything, sure it'll give you a better shot, but the most important thing you can change is just being more social. There are people EVERYWHERE, you don't have to go out drinking and clubbing to meet them. You should still go out though there's no harm in it that except you spend all your money and ruin your liver.