I've never even been kissed - what's wrong with me?

Okay so I'm 17 and I've never even been kissed, or had a boyfriend...am I defective or something?

The only guys that have ever shown actual interest in me are either weirdos (not even being rude here they were THAT weird) or guys that've only ever thought about as friends. Am I overreacting or is there something wrong with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are only 17, you are definitely over-reacting.

One tiny tip:

Enjoy your childhood while it still lasts. You can only go forward in life, never backward. There is no point to fast-forward or race to the finish line. There are people older than you who are no further along than you, so you will have plenty of company. You shouldn't envy the crowd that seems to be ahead, because even though they may have superficially passed you, you may still end up with a deeper more meaningful relationship before they ever do. Wait for it. You are in no hurry. Remember the Tortoise and the Hare.

What Guys Said 8

• I agree with what xNicholex3 said. High school is the land of "immaturity." I also agree with what most of these guys have said. Nothing is wrong with you and you are very beautiful. These guys probably are intimidated by you as they said. Now, the thing you need to realize is you're still in high school. That is the time when you are still trying to find out who you are and what you want to do in life. It is hard to juggle education, work, relationships etc all at the same time at your age. So you need to take what's the most important and focus on that.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, it is your life. By my opinion is to just have fun. Enjoy school, make some money, get a lot of friends. Don't focus too hard on finding love, it will eventually come to you. Going back to what Nichole said, wait until high school is over. The guys you will find in college are much better anyway.

A little about me. I never kissed anyone until I was almost 18. Still haven't had sex and I'm 21. First girlfriend was when I was turning 18. I've had 3 relationships total. I am informed this is all well below the average (for guys at least haha). Don't worry about it, these things take time...and you have plenty of that left!

• First things first: No you are not defective. I'm 21 and I've never been kissed either and I like to think that instead of being defective, I just haven't met the right person yet. This is probable true for you too.

But from the looks of it your problem isn't going to be a lack of interested guys. Quite the opposite. I think you're very pretty from your pictures. My guess is that you intimidate guys. And you're still young, so guys your age are easily deterred from making a move because they are afraid of being rejected.

So in that sense your attractiveness is actually working against you. I think the best advice I can give you is just to try to make the guys more comfortable. If the guy is comfortable with you, there's a better chance that he'll make a move. Try flirting more with guys you're interested in. If you're more active about trying to get to know them better, they'll do the same.

• Anything with you? I think your really fine, Like fine as the compliment , as in attractive.

Trust me, You will find the right guy or he will find you and be your first kiss, boyfriend,etc.

Just don't give things up easily, as you can tell many of the other people would agree with me on this.

• The only thing wrong with you is the nature of your expectations in correlation with your interactions.

You're gorgeous, I'll give you that.

But you say that the only guys who ever show you interest are either weirdos(which I can understand) or guys that you only see as friends. This is kind of off-putting, because I'm certain that these "friends" are wondering what's wrong with themselves the same way you are.

Gaining interest in guys that you actually take interest in requires that you actually flirt and get in proximity of some of these guys. What normally happens when you do this? Do they ignore you?

• No we'll be talking steadily for awhile (about a month or two) and then suddenly the guy will just stop talking to me...this has happens about 3 time...

• I didn't say I was going to sugarcoat anything,

nor did I say you were trying to date saints.

But somehow, I get the feeling that you have a tendency to pursue guys that a lot of girls are also pursuing. There's nothing wrong with this. But when you're one of many, you're easily replaced.

• Makes sense(:

• Simple answer: no, there's nothing wrong with you.

• So it just hasn't happened yet because it's not the time?

• Yes, it's better to wait for that moment when it means something, when it's special, than to be anxious about not having one or worse being with someone just to have that experience. You shouldn't worry, you're very pretty and I'm sure before you know it you'll be in a happy relationship.

• Nothing wrong with you at all. You are very pretty!

But you think you might wanna try going out with your friends? Give one of them a chance? you never know. It might just be your standards are too high or unrealistic

• Dont worry about it! :D

• Haha, don't worry, I never truly had my first kiss until I was out of college. I don't count a peck on the cheek or anything as a first kiss by the way. I was 27 before I really ever made out with a girl. I was 29 when I first had sex. You have a solid decade before you need start worrying.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm on the same page as you and trust me I have worried about it just as much. But hers is some advice that I have: I'd rather wait to kiss one guy worth the wait, than kiss 100 jerks.

It will happen sooner or later! Be patient.

• They are probably intimidated by you, they probably think your pretty.

Well, welcome to my world, no guys approach me either and I have never dated,kissed, nothing and I am 17 too. It's all good though to me because I am OK with it.

High school is the land of IMMATURITY and I am waiting till college. Graduating in June! : )

• I'm 17 too and never kissed either I don't think id tell the guy it was my first kiss