Dating an Asian girl.

Hey guys I really like this girl. I know one thing Asian women hate and that is always hearing about the guy having an "Asian fetish". I am not partial to Asians; I like any girl with a good personality, good looks etc of any race. Anyway I do like Asian Culture and cuisine. I've even told her I'd like to travel there...

However how much is too much, I feel almost like I can't talk about anything Asian without her thinking I got some fetish with Asia. Maybe I am being way to odd about this whole thing. I am a little scared if I bring up things, especially food related things. Sushi / dim sum /Peking duck are some of my favorite foods. Do I need to lay off talking about Asia related things so she doesn't get the wrong idea?

Also, what do you girls like in a white man. (if your Asian)?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've dated an Asian girl or four. Lay off the Asian talk. Asian girls for whatever reason have this nutty idea in their heads that white men have "yellow fever". What a bunch of rubbish. If a white man dates a blond girl, does he have "blonde fever"? No. What about a Mexican girl? Does he have "Latina fever"? No. I haven't the slightest idea of where Asian girls thought they could get this special designation, but they have been sensitive to when I've brought it up. When in doubt, be as white as possible, don't talk Asian anything unless she brings it up. You may not have "yellow fever", but she might suspect it.

What Girls Said 3

• Nah she shouldn't get that vibe at all.. you guys have stuff in common so you discuss them! .. You can sometimes bring up other cultures though just to remain on the safe side.. like speak about the Mediterranean food .. or Indian cuisine .. etc etc ..

I am not Asian so I don't know what they like in white women.. but I guess they consider them normal... I mean come on , it's not like we are different species :D

• I rofl...

• Just be yourself =)

What Guys Said 3

• Most Asians are obsessed with racial identity so pay no heed. Whether she reacts positively or negatively, you won't take away that part of her so just embrace it.

I've been around a few Asian girls including my cousins. If I so much as found a girl attractive, I usually get a response like "Oh so you like (insert race) girls?" Maybe it's just a way of simplifying things and they don't mean to sound so judgmental.

• You think too much! Just talk to her normally!

• My wife is foreign born Philippine.

Zero wrong with taking an interest in her country and culture. It is what she is made of. If she is Thai, focus on Thailand. Hong Kong Chinese, focus on that, etc. As there is no such thing as "Southern" in the US (Tennessee and Louisiana are worlds apart). there is no such thing as "Asian". (Mandarin Chinese versus Indonesian).

Other than a greater degree of public modesty/reserve and somewhat less sexual inhibition in private, there are few broad strokes to be made about "Asians". OK. Maybe we like their skin color, hair and architecture. Obsessing on that with them is a bad plan. But on cultural issues, follow your interest but be sure you know her's and follow them too. With rare exceptions. they are proud of what they are and never mind if you are too.

Thinking of marrying a foreign born Asian? Do it. The language barrier often eliminated the mind games because nuance is not taught in classroom.