Do you expect the girl to text you first normally?

I know most girls like texting more than guys, so I'm wondering if you guys just expect a girl to do it first (if you're into her or think she's into you, etc., mainly).

But then, like, once she's started it then you have no problem keeping the conversation going.

I've had a situation where the guy flat out said he liked talking with me and was interested in listening, but if he rarely contacts me first with general chatting, I'm not sure if I should contact him more or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I expect her to initiate the conversation just as often as I do. If she does it more often than I do and isn't annoying that's fine. If she rarely does it or never does it, she looks lazy relationship wise (i.e. she doesn't care / she's not that interested) and that's a really bad thing in my book.

What Guys Said 3

• Girls are always terrified of initiating first contact, at least it seems on this site.

I'd rather a girl did text first, as texting is not my preferred version of communicating.

In-person all the way. Electronic forms are such a poor substitute for pen & paper or in person. It's too fast, no time to really think about what you're saying.

• guys definitely like it when the girl texts first, if we keep txting you first, we seem to think that we may be bothering you. Txt first

• I do text a girl first but when she doesn't text me id say nvm this girl is not worth talking to.. She doesn't text first.. Then again it depends on it if they like to text or not

What Girls Said 2

• if he said he likes talking to you and listening then I guess you should contact him more often, from my expereance guys don't like texting a lot specially if they are texting a girl, but when we start the conversation they will most likely just keep texting.

• It depends on whether or not I have his number - if I have his and he doesn't have mine, I'll text him to make sure he's got my number. If we've got each others' number then I'll wait for him to text me.