Does anyone do voice messages anymore?

I remember before texting got easier with the built in keyboard and wordbuilding software, we all just left voice messages. But it seems that nowadays I only get text messages. Not only that but sometimes when I miss a phone call, they won't leave a voice message, they'll just text me the message.

Is it true that people are more neglectful of returning voice messages? Or are people too timid on how they sound and convey themselves in a recording?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't leave voice messages..

1. I don't like my voice..

2. The electronic woman/man is annoying...

3. Voice mail is too long and it's rather annoying.

4. I never know what to say..

5. I called to know an answer right away.. Not leave a message to wait 3 days for it.

6. I don't like calling the person first..

What Girls Said 1

• Even before texting came out, I always hated leaving voice mail messages. I kept saying "uhm or uhhh" because I never knew what I wanted to say. So I'm glad that texting has been created, but I don't like that texting is used every second now.

What Guys Said 3

• Nah I think that text is more convenient than sound. You can edit and stuff before you send and its cheaper so its easier and better.

• For messages/missed calls that really need them, like if I'm calling a coworker about something and they need some kind of heads up or instruction. But if it's not important I don't worry about it.

• No. I usually text or call back later.