The dating game is designed for men to lose?

I've heard this said a few times and would like to get some other peoples opinions on it. I think it's true most of the time, but not always.

Most Helpful Guy

• well men are disposable, one guy can impregnate 100 girls, but one girl can only be impregnated once every 9 months

this is scientifically speaking of course, so it makes sense that the strongest, fastest, better looking guys get the most of the attention

What Girls Said 5

• If you think dating is stupid do fwbs. Or date a girl that isn't in to all this girlie flowery bring me candies and chocolates and open the door for me and pay for me wahhhhh !

• In some ways I guess. It depends on what kind of girls the guy goes for. I'm the one always seeming to lose right now though.

• Game-playing is. If that's what you mean by dating game. Dating to mate (after marriage of course lol) could never be designed for you to lose, what would be the purpose of that? Unless we want the world to finish right now...?

• yeah I think so

• That's a negative I've lost so much it's not even fun anymore

What Guys Said 7

• I wouldn't say designed to lose, but men in general have to put in much more effort into attracting a female, and maintaining it. It's really lame. /=

Guys are expected to put themselves out there by making the first moves/initiating contact/decision making for dates, as well as expecting to pay for first dates and such. So yes, I think that generelly men risk more, then women do, when it comes to the courting phase.

And any decent girl can just wait and will have a line of guys come at her and show interest in her.

• In some ways yes, in some ways no. It depends how to define winning and losing. How would you define both terms?

• I guess by the amount of attention and affection from the opposite gender, and hooking up and getting a BF/GF.

• the way I play the dating game I never lose because I never give up if I want something I go grab it..which is rare I usaully find a girl and pursue her for awhile but I don't just pick the most beautiful or the smartest I pick someone that I know will be tough on me we I mess up and always wanting better for me..i don't hunt often but when I do I very agressive til the end hasn't failed so far:)

• yeah, the game, the system wants us guys to lose, fail, but that does not mean we can stay defeated, we can fight back, but it is the oppossite for girls, women, they want them to win

• well your bound to set yourself up for failure with a mentality like that.

• Oh yeah. Men get shafted.

• In a sense, yeah.