Anyone else feel lame using :) and :-) in text messages?

I can't bring myself to do it and also, I find girls use smileys more than guys. Anyone else?

1|0
3|8

Most Helpful Guy

• I only use that when sarcasm is present.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• every once and awhile I throw in a smiley face to show sarcasm or I'm happy. There are things that text can't message to the other person aswell as just a " :) "

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. Although I don't text much, I have nothing against :), :-), or any other form of smiley face. Its a socially accepted norm. If you think about it, its like saying hi when you see someone

0|0
    0|0
  • I realize I'm addicted to ;) and it gives people the wrong impression. But I use them because I feel :) is too generic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally. :-P

I use it when I'm being sarcastic.

0|0
    0|0
  • :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

2|1
    0|0
  • I like using them they're fun :D

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't use them much. Only in the right situations and yes girls use them more...sometimes its almost as if its flirting.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't feel lame, but I feel guilty using them. I don't know why but it feels as though putting a ":)" at the end of a text isn't smiley enough; the eyes kind of look dead and the smile is only at the mouth. When I'm grateful or happy with someone, I can never put just a ":)", I would feel mean. I must put a ":D", but then in some situations it looks a bit too happy. I wish there were something in between.

You must be thinking how strange I am. I don't know what's wrong with me either. :/

0|0
    0|0
    • and not putting an emote at the end of a long text would make me feel mean too.

• I use them farrrr too much!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't feel lame at all. When I use them I'm really smiling so it makes sense.

0|1
    0|0