Did I do something wrong with this guy? What do I do?

Ok, so there is this guy that I have really liked for a while. I talked to him and I was nice and flirted a little bit and I tried to see what kind of stuff he was into.

After about six months I still really liked him. One day I was standing waiting for my ride and one of my firends was talking to him. (I heard all of this the next day) She asked him who he liked and he said me. My friend told me the next day and I couldn't believe it.

I didn't do anything about it because I didn't want to freak him out. The problem was another friend told him how I felt about him and told him to ask me out. I didn't want her to tell him because I wanted to give him space.

For about a week I would catch him staring at me and he'd smile at me and we'd occasionally talk. I decided since he already knew that I liked him I might as well tell him myself.

So I told him how I felt. He told me he just wanted to be friends for now. I was totally fine with that but he started not answering my texts and not talking to me as much. It's been a few weeks since I told him and things are a little better... I catch him staring at me and smiling but we don't really talk.

I still really like him and I want to talk to him but I'm so nervous that he won't want to talk to me back.

Did I do something wrong? What should I do about him and this situation?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he felt that things had become awkward between you two, and he just needed some space to think about his feelings before he brought you into them. Some guys have a thing about dating, like they don't want to do it because they're scared, or they don't like the idea of being in a relationship. You should ask him out, or if you think he's not ready, just ask him to the movies or something like that, and go with the flow, see what happens. But, there is always the chance that he just stopped liking you and didn't know how to tell you, guys can be jerks like that sometimess, believe me... You should ask him if he still likes you. Ask him what's going on and let him now that you're confused. You didn't do anything wrong though :)