Do dating sites work?

the question says it all do you meet someone on a dating site and if so what happens when you actually meet up?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're a guy so your experience will definitely be different. Meeting someone that way can be challenging. Be as truthful as possible on your profile. If you start talking to someone communicate enough to get a sense of who they are (don't just go back and forth with small talk) and then meet up somewhere public to see if you click. Even if it's just out for a walk or something simple. Afterwards just let things fall into place.

I would also say don't obsess if you're unable to find someone. If you feel things aren't working give it a break or a while. That's what I did. Those dating sites can really suck you in.

What Girls Said 1

• Not for me personally.

What Guys Said 6

• Most dating websites have a surplus of men to women anywhere from 2 to one or even 3 to one or greater odds. That means you'll have to send a lot of messages before you get responses as man. If you have a solid profile with great pictures (can't understate this), you'll get some hits. I personally have found it to be more effective flirting in real life, as girls that are often times online just seek attention but don't actually want to meet up in real life. Your millage may vary.

• Like everyting else in life, the more intelligent and canny a given person is, the better they work. I recommend Plently Of Fish. It's free, and it offers everything necessary to find exactly what you're looking for.

• A general rule:

If it's not free it costs too much.

I never did dating sites but I did personal ads. What a nightmare.

• just remember, that women are fare more picky and choosy online than they are in real life

• They do work for women. Women get about 10 times as many responses as men. Simply the laws of supply and demand. Far more men on those sites, than women.

And when you meet up, it's for a date. D'uh.

• Once you develop a sense of detecting the posers, it's not so bad. Like someone else said, it depends on what you put up. Once you meet up it's no different from any other date.