How to deal with inner conflict?

In short I'm a person who follows principle, and what I see as moral, I've been this way through out high school. I've always planned things out and taken the less risky approach to life. However, I'm not sure if I should continue or not, I feel like I'm missing out on things, I don't know what to really do. After some other personal things with my ex, I'm considering it, not because of her, but because it seems like I've let things pass me by.

Most Helpful Girl

• There will be many times in your life that you are going to feel this way. I'm sure you have heard this before, but I'm going to tell you anyway, you are suppose to have these times of question in your life. If life were easy, all planned out, laid out in front of you, with no choices to make or ponder, how boring would that be? Now just because you contemplate your choices & you choose the moral or right way, that does not mean that you have chosen a boring path. Don't let anyone tell you that.

I work with kids & young adults (& their parents) who make those bad choices, and I can tell you from seeing first hand, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Maybe at the moment, there is some instant gratification, then there is hell to pay for what you did. Always. Now, maybe you won't pay here, right now, & maybe not on earth, but it will catch up with you someday. No doubt. Call it God, call it karma, call it the police...lol. What goes around comes around.

I know you're not talking about really bad stuff, but, some little things may be bigger than you think, when you are talking about, what did you say? "immoral" "risky"?

Follow your heart, follow what you know is right. You will be ok.

Good luck to you, my friend.

What Girls Said 1

• I am like you but probably even more strict. I went through times where I thought "why can't I do something stupid or make a mistake" etc. But then I realized, I'd much rather live the right way and learn from other peoples mistakes. Don't be so eager to screw up, many people would love to be where you are. You'll appreciate it when you're older trust me. Just be you and do what makes you happy.

What Guys Said 2

• Alka Seltzer.

• Haha! YES That is what I meant Lmao! ..thanks for the laugh.

• Being moral has nothing to do with not taking risks.

That's being timid.

You need to stop being timid, and realize you can be moral without being a boring guy.

• Perhaps, but I'm referring to the other path which doesn't walk the fence line.