Is it true a guy wouldn't text if he isn't interested?

I went on a date with this guy on Monday night, he lives about 40mins drive away so I drove, drank too much and ended up staying at his (no sex before you ask haha) and everything was great :) he is lovely and he said he def wants to do it again.

Im the type of person to get ahead of myself, so I'm trying to play it cool and I was having a conversation with my friend about who should text first etc etc... He thinks that if a guy doesn't text you he isn't interested... and I don't think that's true... any opinions?

Also, how do I carry on playing it cool? haha!

I met him on a dating site, and I want to keep him interested, I don't want him meeting other girls (although its a dating site, that's what its for etc)... any little tips would be helpful :) thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course he is in contact with other girls, but for a guy, you know, dating sites RARELY yield any actual dates because there are ten or more times more guys than girls on almost every site.

So you probably don't have much competition from that angle, don't worry.

You can safely play it cool, and see when he texts you. He certainly will, and how soon he does IS an index of how interested he is, although as you say it's not necessarily the most important event.

What Guys Said 6

• Depends on the guy. If he's really nervous, he'll probably text you. If he's a real ladies-man, he'll give you a phone call or ask to meet up. Depends on the guy, though. Just get to know him more in person. You'll have an answer soon enough. Good luck!

• Oh I know he is interested in me, because of the things he has said... I just mean in generally, like guys overall! but thanks :) x

• Yup... hope I could help. also, if you have some time, I have a few questions of my own. It'd be much appreciated!

• sure :) send me a message x

• One way or another, if he's interested, he'll call or text you. If he doesn't, he wasn't that interested.

• Generally guys that are interested will contact you first hoping to get together again.

• He may have thought you teased him because you spent the night, but didn't give it up. Based on your picture, you appear attractive, as such I don't see why he wouldn't text you back, unless he has no game, or thinks you're a tease.

• Haha just because we didn't have sex, doesn't mean we didn't do anything else ;) and he does text me and does text me back... the question isn't about him, its just in general x

• nope.

• If a guy texts you, he is interested. Why else would he do it? If he doesn't text you, it doesn't necessarily mean he's not. Maybe he just thinks texting is lame.

• Exactly. I don't believe that its true, there are plenty of reasons why some1 doesn't text... I hate all the "games" people can play about texting, its silly haha! x

What Girls Said 0