Girls never respond to me on online dating sites, does that mean I'm ugly? unattractive? not good-looking?

I'm guessing that a guy's looks matter more online than they do in the real world, in person? The reason why I resort to Online Dating is because I don't go out much, the reason why I don't go out much is because I don't have many friends, I only have like one real true friend that's all. So if I'm not getting any responses, is it mainly my looks or what?

I hate the fact that I have go out to meet girls, women instead, that is not really an option for me since I don't have many friends, don't know that many people, not outgoing
i hate how a guy's online profile description matters more than a girls

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• 1. Girls never respond to me on Online Dating sites, does that mean I'm ugly? unattractive? not good-looking? Possibly.

2. I'm guessing that a guy's looks matter more online than they do in the real world, in person? Generally yes. In the real world women are conditioned to give chances so they don't look like a b*tch so guys have far more opportunities to have a girl overlook her lack of attraction and find other way sto be attracted to him.

3. So if I'm not getting any responses, is it mainly my looks or what? Possibly. It usually means you're ugly, don't make the height cut, don't make the finance cut, your profile is lame, or your messages are lame. Possibility of it being a combo.

Perhaps you should try improving your socializing skills in the real world and building friendships before trying online and bringing a girl into your life. That or try to project what made that one friend want to be in your life into your profile/messages.

Don't try to soothe yourself with the myth that women are far more picky online as studies have busted that showing that both genders become picker as well as men tend to be more picky than women. One dating stie showed that 2/3 of mens messges go to 1/3 of the most attractive women while womens messaging was more healthy. So most likely you've been a tad picky as well.

• well that one friend of mine, he is a guy, I've known him since Elementary School

• women are more picky online than they are in real life, I think you are going to have to resort to the old-fashioned way

• As a female, online dating is predominantly about looks. This a sad but true. But it works both ways. Would you be willing to give a girl your not attracted to a chance? Most guys wouldn't and there's nothing wrong with that.

• With online dating, it's most often about your looks, sorry but that just the nature of it

• and girls, women, claim that looks are not that important to them, as in they are more forgiving of looks, but I guess that is just a myth

• Dude of course it is a myth. Women lie about stuff all the time

• You don't need to worry about having tons of friends to meet girls! live your life by working, going to school, volunteering, and keeping busy all around. A good girl will show up with time, especially if you do good activities. You won't meet tons and tons of girls, but you will meet one good girl who you can spend a long time with, and that is all a person needs.

• yeah because I don't have many friends, so meeting new people through mutual friends, through people, is not really an option for me

• Online dating is a weird and scary world.

Don't take it too seriously, and try to meet girls in real life.

Seriously, everyone I know who has tried online dating has only gotten themselves in bizarre situations.

• yeah but I don't have that many friends, so being outgoing is tough for me

What Guys Said 5

• Depends where you live. I've looked on pof in my area and seems to be the only area with a balance of women and men. While I've seen in most other areas where the ratios 3 males to one female, if your not at least over average looking the girls probabl won't respond to you... even if their ugos themselves

• i live in Southern California

• very well could be

• I agree that online dating can be no what you expected somehow... But you should try harder, and you will definitely find what you need. I got such a situation when dated on https://www.benaughty.com/ website. But then I found a very lovely and pretty girl there. We are together now and madly in love. So just keep looking and trying, you will definitely find your love :)

• I've done a bit of online dating and got responses. But honestly it didn't get anywhere because I was dating way down compare to real life.

I think most women online are there for the ego boost, because they'll get hit on left and right, even the ugly ones. I date in real life without a problem and was online to see what it was about and possibly find someone special. I got turned off big time by the type of girls on there with their over inflated sense of worth and immaturity in general. Dating in real life is ten times better for me. I'm sure it's possible to meet someone great online, but it'd require a lot of patience because online dating anyway is so superficial and volatile, and the girls are just not themselves from what I experienced.

If you want to know what is the problem, what about you try on a free dating site one real profile and one fake with about the same profile but different pics, one of yourself, and one of a good looking friend or whatever. You send similar messages to a few girls and you see if there is a difference in the responses. You'll know if the way you look is the problem or not.

• I would LOVE to see this experiment. I am pretty sure EVERYONE would know the results.

I would love to see the same for a girl. I am pretty sure that guys would not be as terrible as the girls would be!

Mediocre guy, and hot guy.

Mediocre girl, and hot girl.

Mediocre guy will send 50 messages, and get no replies. Hot guy will send 50 messages and get 30 replies.

Mediocre girlw ill send 50 messages, and get 25 replies. Hot girl will send 50 messages and get 40 replies.

I bet $100, cash.

• Yeah, it usually means that, or that you write total nonsense or something they consider lame. Although some girls will respond to total nonsense anyway, at least at first.