Are guys met online really what they say?

I met this guy on Omegle and we ended up exchanging emails. He seems like a really cool guy but he's three years older than me, and he's in a different time zone. I'm also not sure if he is what he says he is. How do I tell whether or not he's some kind of creep or pedophile or something?

Most Helpful Girl

• See what kind of vibe he gives you. What is your intuition telling you about him? Is it telling you he's genuine? Or is there a little voice in the back of your head saying, "maybe not/something's fishy"

Don't ignore that little voice. It is always right.

Aside from that, ask him to go on webcam with you. There's no reason why he should refuse this UNLESS>...he's not who he says he is. If he refuses to go on webcam with you, that's a red flag. I don't care what his excuse is. If he can't find a way to go on cam with you, then ditch him.

What Guys Said 2

• You really can't. That's just how things are online. Unless you would want to video chat.

The way I'd suggest to better know him is through your conversations. What he talks about, how he says things, those details will give you a better picture, even if it's just a tiny bit.

• There's no way of knowing.

It's fun to talk with people online, just try not to become too serious.

From my understanding, there are A LOT of creepy guys online, so don't be too trusting.

What Girls Said 1

• There's no definite way of telling for sure- its a risky business. I supose you could try to talk to him via webcam though. If that's possible for you both then it means you can see him, though that still has its risks :S