Should I move on or try and make things better?

So been dating this guy from my uni for nearly a year, I have never had problems about doubting him or felt jealous if he was hanging out with his friends, we rarely fight if we do we talk to each other and fix the problem, we Haven't been on and off either, although in October we broke up due to exams stress and my ex believing we weren't meant to be because we don't like the same things such as music and other stuff, we talked this one out and patched things again, he asked if we should be on a break while I'm gone and I said no it's not necessary, I left for holidays to my home country and we've been in long distance, last week just two weeks before I fly back to uni again, my ex Facebooks me a very long message explaining how we can't be together because he has to figure out what he wants to do in life and also doesn't think he can handle a girlfriend anymore but he said we should still be friends. Well, I told him that we should talk it out when I get back but he just didn't want too, saying that we should've just been on a break from before, but he's accepting to come see me:s So I'm confused whether I should try get him back or just move on:s

I had a talk to his friend today, because I haven't been talking to him but just wanted to make sure he was fine, and she she told me he was OK but breaking up with me what the hardest decision for him, I said it's OK she asked if I was fine I said yes and ended it to that

Most Helpful Guy

• He really seems to not want a girl friend, and maybe you both need some freedom for a time. Just accept being friends and see what happens for a while.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• It sounds like he wants some space for whatever reason. Give it to him, cut off all communication with him and maybe he will come around.

• Just tell him that you understand for now and think about what you really want. It's hard to talk to him right now when he seems like he's pretty firm with his decision. If you decide to get him back, then give him some time and space to figure out his own life and initiate contact later on.

• i think you should give yourself a break to figure out what you want in life too :)