I text in my sleep sometimes. Would you believe this?

i text in my sleep sometimes and I ended up sending this girl a stupid text lol. Do you think she will think its total bs that I did it in my sleep? Like would you believe that or think I was lying to not look stupid

she didn't care she just thought it was funny. Wooo

Most Helpful Girl

• i won't because I text when I sleep too

• haha I also sleep walk and sleep talk ha ha iv had whole convos I don't remeber till I check my phone haha

• Yeah I couldn't get on yahoo and I was mad when I fell asleep and I texted yahoo messenger!.! When I was asleep haha

• i put my phone on silent at night so I won't get woke up.and I always remember what I was thinking before I go to sleep and I remember falling asleep

What Girls Said 22

• I probably wouldn't believe it unless I knew you to do things like sleepwalk or talk in your sleep, or shift in and out of sleep easily. Like I could probably see my boyfriend doing that because of his sleeping habits. He can be dead asleep, snoring up a storm, and I shake him and say something to him, he'll wake up and respond to me in a logical way just like during the day, then fall back asleep and have no recollection of it later. It doesn't happen to me though. I might wake up briefly to respond to someone verbally, but if my phone is going off, I wake up enough to be aware of what I'm saying and remember it later, before passing back out. If I'm too tired to wake up enough to respond coherently, I just ignore my phone and go back to sleep.

• wow.. what is the world coming to lol

i know of sleep walking and sleep talking..

but texting is becomming so programmed into people that now they are sleep texting? lol

yikes! I'm scared lol hopefully you don't sleep text while you drive.. I see too many people on the phone texting when I'm on the road lol now it's got me slightly worried

• i drive and text all the time. I don't even need to look at my phone to txt. Its not even dangerous. Iv never had a ticket or accident

• they are either bad txters or drivers or both.

• i am pretty sure it's both :p

• What did you say to her? I mean what kind of text? Depends,if you were very nice with me before this and suddenly I got that text I probably think you were drunk.

• lol I was drunk buut I text in my sleep when I'm sober too. I teased her about a guy she flirting with all night but the way I said it made me sound jealous when I didn't mean for it to

• If she asked you about it just tell you were drunk.If she didn't then don't talk about it because it would make you look jealous(even you aren't)

• That's so cool! I wish I could do that :D

And to answer your question I would just think he was drunk or something :P

• umm I guess it would depends on how it sounded.. if I knew they had a tendency to get drunk sometimes then it might be a drunk text.. other than that I'd think they were lying to me.

• I've actually heard of this phenomenon...i'm glad she believed you

• Lol I text in my sleep all the time too. It's awkward explaining that to someone when you sleep text them for the first time.

• i would think you are lying :D

• Lol I did that before. Tbh the person that I did that to believed me and I think she'll believe you too. It's not something that's worth lying about XD

• I sent two in my sleep last night!

• It's funny you say that, because I thought I was the only one. I did it a lot when I first started working night shift; they'd be legit conversations, but I wouldn't recall any of it. I don't do it so much anymore because people know not to text me during the day lol.

• I would probably think you are lying, but maybe not... I know a guy who sleep texts too.

• I've done it once or twice. I'd believe you becaue people can do pretty crazy things in their sleep.

• I would probably think you were lying unless I actually saw you do it

• That's too funny.

• lol that's mad - I would think you were drunk and decided to text me - that's all.

• Hahaha my ex use to do that. They never made sense. The one time he texted his friend and started yelling at him to give his dog back. His friend ended up calling and asking what the heck he was talking about haha

• if she doesn't believe you just tell her to look it up on google or something lol because lots of people do this, there is a word for it but I can't remember what it's called.

• nightmares?

• weird though! :D

• bs. I would never believe that lol

• I could believe it and wish I could do that as well(:

it would give me the courage I need to text somenoe

What Guys Said 8

• lol I wouldn't believe it

• i do this too... omg it is SO embbarrassing.. especially when you text someone you were dreaming about.. you get the wildest things.

• I think most people would assume it was bs. But I personally think it's possible, but you'd have to text so much for it to be that natural to do it in your sleep. Are you a big texter?

• i probably average 1000 texts a day or so

• Maybe you should just phone people. :P Being serious, yeah, it does seem possible then, your mind would have mapped the keypad and IMO you can probably subconsciously construct sentences. Same logic behind drunken texting which people I know have to tolerate.

• WOW. For someone to unconsciously flip through their phone to find a specific person and send them an actually ledgible text message,still asleep mind you, eyes closed and all, is impossible. I think your full of it.

• I am puzzeled... how does one text in ones sleep?

• I carry full conversation s in my sleep, I answer phone calls and I text while sleeping. It also sucks because I have literally NO filter when I do these things so I can't lie or keep a surprise. My (now ex) girlfriend made sureto to staytake over until I fell asleep every year before her birthday, vDay and Christmas to ask what I got her.

• That's pretty cool. At the same time, dangerous (risky).

• i close my eyes in my sleep sometimes