Should I listen to my heart or the people around me??

So this boy at my school really likes me. He always compliments me and tells me he wants to go with me and I think I like him to. But every time I tell one of my friends they have an issue with us being together because he is younger then me and I really don't see how that is a problem. Somebody help me because I truly want to make the right decision

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't advise follow, either, friends' suggestions nor your heart, by themselves. I think you should follow both, within reason, and after you've thought it out. Also, get more information on this guy.

Your friends only know the part of you that you allow them to see, and your heart is the very deceitful. But, if you take both, suggestions and what your heart says, and weigh them with the best knowledge that you have of yourself (because, honestly, we don't know ourselves as good as we would like to), you should make a reasonable and (hopefully) succesful decision.

What Guys Said 2

• Follow your heart and brain equally.

• Follow your heart. There is no problem with it.

• Im juss scared because I don't know if he really has feelings for me or if he juss trying to have sex

• To the Questioner: If YOU think he's just trying to have sex, then don't bother with him. However, if your friends have planted that into you head, then don't assume that all he wants is sex. If don't want to have sex with him, then just tell him 'No' or 'Not yet' when the subject comes up. If he stays, then he still wants the relationship. If he doesn't, then you'll find someone else who will. There are plenty of guys out there.

What Girls Said 3

• Take things slowly. Give yourself a chance to know him a little better so that you won't have regrets in the future. I remember a quote saying "do what you think others consider as right and let everyone be happy except for you"

• If he's not illegally younger than you... then, I say follow your heart. Just be careful. However, if there is another reason for your friends to discourage you from dating him, then take that into consideration. In the long run, age doesn't matter. It just seems like it does when you're young.

• Go with your heart. Friends don't know about your feelings, only you know