Ladies how quickly do you respond to a text message?

I always thought that when girls were interested in a guy they would text back quickly to get some sort of conversation. She always does respond to my texts but but much later on sometimes like 5 hours afterward. They are usually quite long so maybe she's taken time to write them but I don't see the point in responding to them when I've got to wait another half a day to get a reply. Is she just not that interested?

Most Helpful Girl

• Many of my girlfriends I've noticed will drop anything they are doing to answer a text from a guy they were interested in. I, myself have even been a victim of it. I would be constantly checking my phone for any new texts.

Doesn't mean this girl isn't interested though, she could either have gotten bad advice from friends saying telling her she doesn't want to seem to desperate to you by texting back right away. OR she might truly be busy, leaves her phone someplace, has bad service... there could be countless reasons.

If you like this girl, let it be known, the worst thing that can happen is she rejects you and then you just remain friends. Would that be so bad? Embarrassing, maybe but after a couple days of letting your ego cool off you can go back to normal. You really won't know unless you take that next step and find out for yourself if she is truly interested or not.

What Girls Said 5

• depends on the guy and what I'm doing at the moment.

if it's someone I'm friends with, then if it's convenient for me to reply at the moment, I will. if it's not, I'll put it on hold

if it's someone I'm interested in, then no matter what I'll reply almost immediately

• At times we're just busy cooking or waiting on guests and we can't chat.other times we just get a rush of emotions and we need to compose ourselves to come up with a text.or we just want to keep you guessing and hoping for the reply you would wish for because then it would mean more to you.Maybe we just want to be hard to get so you would chase harder to get our commitment to the hook up.

• Maybe she doesn't want to seem too keen, because a lot of books/movies/friends etc tell girls that texting back too quick is an indication of interest. I know that if I particularly like a guy, I wait at least a couple of hours before texting back, just so that he doesn't feel as though I'm dropping everything to talk to him.

• Oh I see, but doesn't it stop the flow of conversation? Like sometimes she'll text back really late at night when I'm tired. Then it doesn't really feel like any point texting a reply as it's something that happened the day before lol!

• Is she working? In school? Sleeping?

Why don't you ask her? Is she your girlfriend? If she is ask or talk about it & tell her how you feel.

If she isn't & the answer to the above are no, then she's probably not that into you. Sorry.

• Perhaps, she's busy..

Sometimes, I don't text back.. I usually forget..

What Guys Said 4

• I'm surprised to say that I disagree with a lot of the answers you're getting from girls on this one.

To be honest, she just might not be a big phone person. Its almost scary how similar this girl sounds to the one I just recently started seeing.

At first I thought she wasn't interested in me by the way she texted. Just like you said, long texts but often every five hours. We keep going out on dates though and she's receptive to the moves I make. I still haven't seen a change in text behavior so it shows that she's really just not a big texter.

• Most girls though, I think have their phones by them nearly all the time.

• next time I open my cell phone: between 10 minutes and 3 days

• She may just not be a person that texts 3000 times a day like some people.

If you know she is, then I'd say that's a pretty good sign that she's not so interested.

• Idk it's hard to say, you would automatically think that she'll respond if she's interested.