Would you let your partner decide who you talk/hang out with?

Let's say your partner didn't want you to talk with certain kind of people or the opposite gender at all, would you let them? If they were important to you?

Would it depend on the reason?

Or is this a deal breaker?

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably a deal breaker, it also, depends on the reasons, but I personally don't like to be controlled like that, I don't think he has the right to tell me what to do or with whom to hang or talk, I have many friends of the opposite gender and I wouldn't end my friendships with them because of a jealous boyfriend, so no I wouldn't let him, again depends on what are his reasons, if it's because they are a bad influence maybe, but I'm not a person who is easily influenced by others, so I don't think that would be a problem, I bet he would just need to get used to it, I'm not gonna change who I am or my friends for any guy ;)

What Guys Said 2

• Possibly a deal breaker, or at the least a big red flag. If she felt the need to control me like that then there are probably deepe issues that I'd like to be aware of before getting too involved.

The thought of being possessive or controlling over someone is uncomfortable to me and makes me shiver. So I'd like the same amount of freedom and trust that I would give to my partner.

• No, I'd never let a girl control who I see or hang out with.

I'd ignore her protestations and try to reason with her, but if she kept insisting, or put down an ultimatum, I'd dump her.

What Girls Said 3

• It depends on the reason. If he has a legitimate reason, such as having heard something about them that worried him or something, then I'd trust his judgment - as long as it didn't expand to all my friends of the opposite gender. If his only reason being jealousy, there is a difference between being uneasy about it and just straight up forbidding me to talk to them. If he was jealous and talked to me about it in a mature way that made way for discussion, I'd probably try to reassure him and invite him to hang out with us so he'd see that there would be nothing to be jealous of. I'd hang out with them a little less if it made him happier, and try my best to make this easy on him. However, if he was to FORCE me, I wouldn't accept at all. That would be very controlling of him and yes, it's a deal breaker.

• no because I have a life outside of him and I'm not going to sacrifice it!

• it depends.. but usually I wouldn't mind if he's really special 2 me and has a good reason for me not to talk with that person.

• And what if it's several persons?