Girl texts me to say 'no, you cannot have my number'. Girls and guys what would you do in this scenario?

This girl I gave my number to on a piece of paper texted me yesterday. I have written on the paper 'Can I have your number? Text Yes or No to xxxxxx...(my number)'. The girl isn't a complete stranger as we've spoken to each other at least 5 times before in the store where she works. Each encounter, I never left without making her smile at least. From the day I gave her that piece of paper to when she texted me saying 'No', it took 3 days. I'm just wondering, if this is a NO no, no-ish, 'no but I'll text to see what response I get', or what is it.. Girls and guys what would you do in this scenario? Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she was being sarcastic or maybe she's involved with someone else.

Text back maybe something like 'too late?;)" or 'Why not?'

If she keeps replying no, or doesn't text, she's probably not interested.

But...

she did think about you 3 days after..

so at least you know you crossed her mind and she was at least thinking about you..

What Girls Said 7

• I believe she is messing with you. Reply with "I was looking forward to getting your number but you won't give it to me"

• LOL

" NO YOU CANNOT HAVE MY NUMBER... even though I've just sent it to you via impersonal electronic devices that don't block numbers sent through text...I should have thought this out more..."

It's a defnite no my friend.

Which means it's a definite time to move on...

• Hmm. You sure she wasn't teasing? Obviously, she sent him her number and I would have hoped she realized it.

• I'm not sure - usually if she's joking I'd assume she'd send a jk or a :P after the text. I missed the part when he talked about making her smile - I don't know odd sense of humor she has then. Lol it's kinda tough to be sarcastic over text without some type of connotation of " just kidding," lol so hmm - he could always text her again or visit her in person to be sure.

• Im pretty sure she was joking..i agree with candacedieker, reply with one of the responses she listed.

• where is logic in this. you do have her number...

• Haha you DO have her number! It's called caller/texter ID. Maybe she isn't interested or just teasing.

• Yes yes thank you for pointing it out skyeisblue!

• YES! I DID GOOD! Can I have a cookie? O.O

• flirting.

• You have her number now :P but maybe she's just not interested lol

What Guys Said 3

• I'm going to assume she's not a moron.

Your initial thing was a joke.

She played along, saying no (while giving you her number).

So keep playing along with it.

I don't know.

How about 'since you have my number, and I don't have yours, I guess you'll have to ask me out then. I'm free this Friday at 7 if that helps'

• I don't get it.

If she texted you... how do you NOT have her number?

Sounds like a joke?

• No I'm not trying to fool anyone. Read again. I obviously have her number now since she texted me! I initially did not have her number that's why I gave her my number on a piece of paper saying 'Can I have your number? Text Yes or No to [my number]'. And so she texts back 3 days later saying 'No', as in 'no you can't have my number'.. Get it?

• Do you get the fact that she did give you her number?

• maybe it was a joke...