Its never good to assume...?

I've been out with this girl multiple times, we've kissed, I like her a lot. Do I need to do the "will you be my girlfriend" thing or would be it understood that we're together?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't assume.

But, genuinely ask her if she wants to go steady with you...Some people think that is too old of a saying..so

If you don't like that...then, you can always just be like 'So this guy asked me who you were, and I said you were my girlfriend. How do you feel about that?'

Or something. lol. I feel like becoming official is the hardest LOL

What Girls Said 4

• Your title has the right idea, never assume. When you assume you never actually know whether or not you're on the same page, and in order to be in a relationship you need to be on the same page. It's always best to have the "defining the relationship" discussion.

• Don't assume... I am actually in a situation right now where my guy friend is assuming we are together when I'm not looking for a relationship and I feel terrible and don't want to hurt him. SO I would definitely talk to her and see where you two stand so you guys are on the same page so you don't end up hurt. I hope everything works out for you!

• how do you bring something like that up? or is better if its just a spur the moment.

• I'm kinda trying to figure out the same thing but in the opposite way... I guess it would probably be best to just come out and ask her how she feels.

• When you tell other people about what you guys are doing it will be official. Once people know, it becomes official.

• I think you should tell her and make it official. It makes a girl feel special that a guy would find the time to tell her that. And right don't assume anything. Also its really the romantic thing to do, and we girls love romance!

What Guys Said 0