Having our first "real" date on Valentine's day.. Good/bad idea?

Did coffee with a new girl today. We got along pretty well. During the course of the conversation she asked if I had any plans for Valentine's day. I didn't and neither did she. Though we are planning on going out again for a real date, I wonder if I should do it on V day or avoid it because it's so early. I know theoretically it's just another day, but it has all those romantic connotations to go with it so I don't know if awkwardness would ensue. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• First real date? I'd avoid it. Even though you aren't a "couple" & it's your first real date, trust me, women still have high expectations on/for Valentine's day. DON'T DO IT! Just don't, you can't possibly live up to her romantic ideals on a first date on this special day. It's a set up for failure.

Trust me, please.

Call her, but don't have your first date then. Use your common sense here.

What Girls Said 2

• yes, ask her out for Valentine's day! it would be a cute gesture, and she sort of hinted towards it... in a way. It can be the start of a new relationship=] I know a lot of people who actually have their first dates on Valentine's lol

• eh, go for it. you both know it's a first date, not an anniversary or anything like that. I don't see why there should be any awkwardness.

What Guys Said 1

• I'd avoid it, personally. But it sounds like she wanted to be asked out for V-day.