What is good tension, and how do you build it?

How do you build good tension in a relationship? What is good tension and what does it mean for a relationship? I was told in a answer to an earlier question to build "good" tension with this girl I like, how do I do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have never heard of "good" tension. Personally I don't want any sort of tension in my relationship, there's enough in life already. My relationship is where I want to feel completely comfortable and totally accepted. Now I do believe in being intellectually challenged on occasion by my significant other, but I don't consider that tension.

What Girls Said 1

• Show her that you are interested in her but make her interested in you to, show her what you have to offer but do it slowly...ie make her work to. Keep it balanced

What Guys Said 1

• I think good tension is being able to be very close to each other, but just far enough away to keep each other wanting more. I guess a good example of this would be the carrot on a stick. You tape a stick to the back of a horse and hang a carrot from it in front of its face. The horse is obviously going to keep trying to get the carrot.

I suppose to build such a thing would mean learning how to control your time spend together. Don't come on too strong, leave her wanting to be with you more. Do not give her enough of you, and don't do EVERYTHING she wants. This doesn't mean be cold and distant, but make her work for you =)