Why is it easier to attract women from your race/ethnicity?

I am a Hispanic guy and I feel that it is easier for me to attract Hispanic women than asian, black, or white. It seems that women are more attracted to someone of the same race/ethnicity. Has anyone else noticed this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I have noticed it too, though I have seen interracial relationships grow in number, there is still many people that prefer to be with someone of their same race or ethnicity, I think it is easier to attract someone of your same race or ethnicity because you already know the culture, so you have the same customs, same language, etc. I myself find it easier to connect with someone of my same race or ethnicity that with people of other races or ethnicities because we have grown with the same culture and I feel more comfortable in the sense that you know how to treat them because you know the customs, believe it or not there is a big difference if you compare your culture to other cultures, every culture is just a whole new world, so yes for me is easier to attract men of my same race/ethnicity

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah for the most part it is true. most women are attracted to most guys of our own ethnicity, but that doesn't mean that we never find a guy outside of our ethnicity cute. it just means that 1st we look within our race, and then look outside.

• human nature

• It makes sense and adds up

• Its considered normal to date your own and everyone seems to like being normal

• yeah pretty much

• Yes, I have noticed this. Although I also do notice I get stares from other races but they are more intimated and less likely to approach me. (Blacks and Hispanic) have no problem doing so.

What Guys Said 4

• Actually haven't noticed, but it does seem true for the most part given the girls that have liked me.

• People tend to be mostly attracted to their own race, so of course it's going to be easier to attract members of the same race.

• It's an interesting question. I've seen some studies that have shown that guys don't tend to have a very strong "same race" preference, but girls as a group tend to. I'm not white but grew up in a very white town. I think it made less of a difference to me because there were so few non-whites that the novelty factor compensates a bit. Also, I couldn't compare my success with girls of my race since there weren't many.

Anyway, I think for the most part it doesn't matter a whole lot.

• Hmmm... I tend to attract girls of all races/ethnicities very easily. Just talk to girls of all types with confidence and it should not be a problem. When they see you are open minded and worthwhile it shouldn't be an issue.