What do you think of people who use dating sites? Do you think I should make an account on one?

the thing is that I feel that people who use such sites are desperate or needy or losers who don't know girls/guys in reality,

but in my case I don't know many girls except those from school whom I rarely interact with, my social skills aren't that good, and I'm in my 4th year now in university and there aren't a lot of girls in my major, so I searched this dating site & found some descent girls, which made me think of making an account, but I don't want to be ashamed of it or regret later on

plus I don't like to make many accounts, I already have a lot between FB, this site and StumbleUpon and others..

so what's your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't sweat it, you should try it out. I was out of school and am an engineer and there were very few girls in my major and there were virtually no girls at my work. I don't like picking up random girls in bars or clubs so I made an eharmony account. I found my girlfriend that way. We've been together 5 months now and it's going very well. Just be aware that you might get fewer responses than you thought. Girls tell me that when they're on dating sites, they're bombarded by guys emailing them. You have to have some patience to do the online dating thing. You may have to meet a few girls before you find one you really connect with too.

What Girls Said 2

• How are you sure that the other people on those sites aren't like you? I think you should go for it. It can't hurt. See who's on there, you may find someone interesting. Its not easy to find people to date these days especially when you're busy with school and work.

• Um,there's nothing wrong with dating sites. I know quite a few people who have found their now husbands on there.

What Guys Said 2

• Times have changed. Everyone has a Facebook, or a twitter, or a tumblr, or a blog, or something like that. We live a lot of our lives online. So dating sites are just another facet of that.

• I've never used one. I think if it helps them find someone it's worthwhile. You don't find someone without looking and putting in effort. If that's what works for you good. I would not judge someone based on that.