Online dating? Yay or nay?

I've been using the site plentyoffish.com. I've been talking to this guy for a couple days now through it. He's attracted to me just as much as I'm attracted to him. The only problem is he lives about an hour away and doesn't have a car but he does have a job. He wants to ask to use his bosses car so he can come and see me. I don't live by myself by the way.. I live with one of my best friends so I wouldn't be alone if he does come and see me. I could go and see him but I don't want it to be an all the time thing because obviously gas isn't that cheap. Do you think its a good idea to meet him somewhere?

Most Helpful Guy

• My mom and step dad met each other on this site and are now happily married 4 years. That being said you should still be cautious. Regardless of who you live with don't meet at your house as he then knows where you live and there are obvious reasons to avoid that when meeting someone online. Definitely meet him but do it somewhere public with lots of people around so if he is a freak he can't do anything to harm you, good places are malls or strip malls, places that are open and usually filled with people.

What Guys Said 2

• If you me him somewhere, try a public place with a lot of people but where you can still get to know him

• Arrange to meet him alone late at night in a dark forest. It's best that way.

What Girls Said 2

• I've used POF before and actually didn't meet any creeps on there. But to be on the safe side, you should meet him somewhere public in between where you both live. That way you're not stuck with him if he comes to your house, and he can't isolate you at his house. Good luck!

• Yeah the house thing is a bad idea, no reason to let him know where you live before you know him. Though he could probably look online and find out anyway thanks to our no-privacy society.

• It could work if you know how to filter out the duds. You should meet him somewhere at a reasonable time in a public place. I met someone from the site and we dated for 3 months. Ultimately, it didn't work out because our lives are going in 2 different directions and we have different views on lifestyle (he's a country boy and I'm a city girl).