Would you take the first date to a party/bar?

Okay would you take a guy/girl you hardly even know on first date where there are a lot of people.. Music where you can't hear what the other person is talking about...(or in this case pretty hard to to hear)

i wouldn't but this girl I just met insist on wanting to do this and only this

Of course I'm not going its a waste of time.. but would you?

• Yes I would go
  • No, waste of time
  • Maybe
  • Just results

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't say it's a waste of time, you might have a really good time with her. I'd go, it could be really good even if you don't get a chance to get to know her, you might be able to tell if you have chemistry. She could be a bit shy perhaps, and feel that spending time just talking might seem boring or worried she would run out of things to say. Go to the party/bar, you can always go outside for a walk if you really can't hear her and have some alone time to get to know one another. And even if it isn't great, you might have a fun time anyway.

What Girls Said 13

• Parties in general and most bars? No.

But there are [a few] good bars out there, where a date might go perfect.

So a "maybe" is my answer.

• No that seems kinda tacky, not to mention awkward if you don't know them that well. First dates are all about getting to know the person. And it's hard to talk to someone and get to know them if you're at a loud party.

• Exacly what I was thinking

• Yeah and the fact that she's being so stubborn about it doesn't paint a very good picture for this girl. It sounds like she's inflexible and probably likes to party a lot.

• hm well she doesn't give any names of any clubs when I ask her where she usually goes.. Not to mention when I ask her if she goes every Friday/Saturday.. She answers with.. Not always.. So I guess she never went out before and probably never had a boyfriend either

• No, first dates are personal. I need a quiet environment where we can talk. Bars are loud and distracting. Just not my thing

• I don't see why not, if you both enjoying going out and doing those things why not go together.

I would (just not all the time). Depends on the individuals sometimes going out just the two of you is more personal/intimate..

• Depends on the type of party/bar and who would be there. You should be able to get to know each other in a comfortable situation. If there are many distractions then chances are the couple probably wouldn't stay together long at the place.

• I went on a first date at the bar a few nights ago.

It was fun, we enjoyed dancing together.

• Lol the last time a guy who was interested in me took me to a party, I just flirted with every other guy except him...I wasn't digging his chili.lol

I guess it was a big mistake on his part but I liked it. :P

• i don't like the party scene, so if I ever did go on a date, I'd refuse to go to a party.

• My first date was movie, dinner and then bar scene where we had our first kiss.

• I'm not sure if I would. Probably wouldn't lol.

• Definitely not a party...that could be awkward. I'd go to a bar, though...kind of like a coffee date, you can go for a (as in one, single) drink in a non-crowded, relaxed atmosphere and get to know each other. If it goes well, you could always grab a bite to eat after. Just my two cents.

• Bar yes. Party no. There is a major difference between your slash and I think it could make all the difference in your answesr.

• Oh I'm on the other side of this. It was the guy who said we should go to a bar for the first date even though I would have preferred a restaurant. I'm still going because it's still nice to spend time with him :)

What Guys Said 4

• I never did take a first date to a bar.

No that's a lie. Once. He had me meet him at a bar. But it was a regular downtown bar. He was too closeted to meet me at the gay bar. It made him far too uptight for me. A shame since he CLAIMED he was a millionaire, but if I couldn't be my horny old self out in public then it wouldn't work. And it didn't. I never had any more first dates at a bar.

Parties? Nobody invites me to those.

• I might grab a drink at the end of the date after the first activity. But never for starters.

• Would most likely be too loud to talk, so that's a no for me!

• No I couldn't do that it sounds wrong