Reality of Dating Expenses...

So I'm going through my bank statements this morning, and I realize that I spend on average of about $950 to $1,100 dollars a month on women and dates...

Does this sound like a reasonable amount for most guys out there?

As guys we are pretty much expected to foot the bill. I've tried not to look at my statements because looking at this amount is hard to swallow sometimes.

But if this is average, then it is what it is...appreciate any feedback you might have.

Most Helpful Girl

• WOW! I think that sounds ridiculous! Not because you are paying the bill, but because you are willing to budget that kind of $$$$ for dating.

It's absolutely none of my business, so take or leave this advise, but unless she is someone very special, don't be spending that kind of cash. Save it. Save, save, save. For a house, etc.

You do not have to spend that kind of $ to impress women, and if you do...They aren't the right kind of women. Just my opinion.

• As far as guys picking up the tab, yes, BUT, if you are dating the same girl, she should be treating you every 3rd or 4th date AT LEAST. You can't tell her that, but she should know it, it's kind of something an intelligent woman knows. Keep that in mind for future reference.

• Then maybe you aren't in a good, caring relationship at the time. If a woman cares about you, she wants to "do for you." Now maybe she can't afford to pay for dinners, so she'll cook for you, or plan something special. That may be her 3rd or 4th. Good relationships have to be give & take, if you don't see it, then...time to rethink it.

• Thanks for b.a., and I hope you find "a keeper."

What Girls Said 7

• That seems really excessive. Why would you ever need to spend that much on a date? I mean, holy crap. I could get a decent apartment downtown for that much.

• You just want to keep your lady happy. It adds up. I just don't think she knows how much she costs. Or maybe she does.

• Well aren't you god's gift to man! ;-)

Most of the women I date expect a lot more "high end" establishments. you aren't coming out without 80-100 dollars lighter a pop. Any less, and you look like a deadbeat to them.

• Wow. I'd almost rather not go to high-end places except maybe once in a great while. But whatever. I mean, if you want to keep spending that much, that's fine. Its your decision. Its seems like way too much to me, though.

• ... maybe you're going on too many dates? Those figures don't fit my or my boyfriends date spending :p not sure about others, though.

• Sheesh! don't even bother lol most people don't deserve it lol and don't have so many dates in 1 month, slow yourself down and don't worry, i'm sure you will find the right girl, you have yourself to look after and feed too not just feeding somebody else's face that may not even be interested, gotta be careful they aren't taking you for a ride just for the meal (and a lot of people do sadly). So id ease up on the coast, there is no need to buy them anything even on your first date, most women will tell you they don't feel deserving of it, they feel bad you buying them so much without earning anything, so do i too, id honestly go halves if a guy didn't pretend he knew all women like we would go bonkers if you didn't eplit the bill, money isn't everything, but i wouldn't want you to take me to some fancy resturant on any early dates, i haven't earned it, so ease up on the dates and go cheaper places that doesn't coast you $50 a person :P.

• Think about it this way, sex is free. xD

That's a reasonable amount. Though, there other ways to keep a girl happy. I'm perfectly fine with just building legos for dates.

• holy crap that is a ridiculous amount of money to spend. my boyfriend payed for the first 2 dates,but after that I insisted on paying too. we've been going out 6 months now and he hasn't spent that much on me. except he did spend 80 dollars to pay for a prescription I needed because I ended up in emergency room because of it but didn't have the money, thoughi'm paying him back next week. there is no way spending that amount of money for dates is right. what kind of girls are you dating?

• if it's just one woman then it wouldn't be as crazy of a bill maybe?

• That is way too much to be spending a month just on dates

Me I would, be happy to take a walk through the park and have a picnic. I would even love renting a movie and pop some pop corn and cuddle on the sofa.and I would at least offer to pay the tab or at least pay my half. One of my favorite dates that I went on was this guy took me fishing that was a great time even though I pretended not to know what I was doing just because he said he wanted to teach me.

What Guys Said 5

• Either you're getting 30 dates/month @ $30-40 per, or you're trying way to hard to show off your mony. Perhaps 20 dates/month @$30 per would help.

• This is one of the reasons why I stopped dating lol. I bought myself some stuff and was happier.

• Sounds like a lot to me, but if you're enjoying those dates then at least half of that expense was spent on you!

I have expensive tastes myself, but I can attest that most women are just as happy with a cheaper more practical experience. Quality of time is a lot more important than the bill you rack up!

Same goes for gifts, most women care more about the thought than they do about the price tag.

• Thats way too much lol

• My only questions is, do you at least get something out of those dates?

I mean sexually.

• 75-80% yes.

• Then it all sums up to your level of comfort: if YOU think it's okay, then it is.