Why do girls' advice seem so bad and contradictory sometimes?

Like for instance they say they like shy guys, but we all know very well that shy men don't get any or get a girlfriend.

They say they don't like jerks or douche bags, but they get the best looking women too lol.

They say they don't play hard to get, but when have you heard of a woman approaching a guy, asking him for a date? Or how about just not making it difficult for him and just being straight up.

etc etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• *SIGH*

What Girls Said 9

• Maybe one of the reasons women seem contradictorary is because you're assuming we're all the same. Yes, women say they like the nice/shy guy, and yes women date the d***s in life. But those aren't the same women. Look at it from the individual point of view. Yes women are guilty are everything you said above, but not every women can be blamed for each one.

• Shy guys get all the girls AS LONG AS they are not shy enough to TALK or eventually get comfortable enough with a girl to talk. Otherwise where is the relationship going to go?

• haha that's the catch 22 ... I think shy guys are more sincere, loyal and sensitive which is why girls like them a lot. their relationships with people are more delicate and meaningful

• It really depends. :P

• Either it's:

Too hard to say the truth

Want to seem nice and ideal

Doesn't know what they want

Or

Because people are different, there can be girl's with actually those opinions as they have.

And sometimes things can seem different on paper than it does in real life.

• its not.. some girls actually do like shy guys but theyre a lot harder to approach and not approaching someone is not playing hard to get its just that its intimidating to talk to a guy you lke and its classy if the guy makes the first move. And douches get the best girls because they go out and get them and they know how to make girls feel special even if he's just a player.

• nahh man shy guys will approach, but they won't do it if you guys don't show any signs.

• see that's the thing QA, you can't be dependent on her signs. you have to put your vulnerability on the line and take taht first step. she might not like you but you have to be willing to risk that hurt without waiting forever for a sign from her. if she likes you she's probably afraid to show it for the same reasons your afraid to approach her

• we are women and are from venus and hell boy we'll break your penis

and by the way I'm just teasing you !

woman are the strangest of creatures I'm one and still haven't worked out what I like LOL

have fun cheers S X

• Because not all girls are the same, what kind of question is this?

• Because we are all different.

• well, I'm not speaking for all girls out there, but me personally, I am way too insecure to approach a guy, I'd rather they just approach me. The reason the d-bags get the girls is because they are very confident and charming and charismatic and they can easily come up to you and make you feel very comfortable. They do most of the work, and usually the very macho d-bags enjoy doing most of the work anyways, so it is just easier to go for them. I think shy guys are the best, they are so nice and so genuine and I would love to be with a shy guy, but if he cannot come up to me or at least show somewhat interest when we talk, then there is no way I can just initiate everything. I would rather run through the street naked then straight up tell a guy I am interested or try to make a move. There actually are three really, really shy guys I know at the moment and I would love to be with any one of them, they are the sweetest guys I know, but when we hangout together, the two of us are just way to shy to express romantic/sexual interest out of fear of being rejected. They have made subtle hints in the past that they were interested, but they are just too subtle for me to act on. One guy is extremely shy, the other guy is really insecure and likes to put up a front, and the third guy is so friendly I just want to friend-zone him. It can get really awkward to at times. My last two boyfriends literally just came up to me and straight up told me they were interested, and we started making out a couple hours later. This is how I met them both, and I had great relationships with them both, it was just so much easier that way. Guys and girls need to both be more straightforward with each other, it can just be a very intimidating thing to do.

• Well the "shy guy" thing... I believe its the same as a "shy girl".. They are harder to approach and some don't look like they want to be approached because usually being shy holds a person back. I learned on this site -lol - both genders also like confidence...

Sometimes the best looking women match the same personality as a jerk or douche bag guy... They can just stand being with each other..

Humans are very visual. but getting a long with the person is a big thing too..thats where personality comes in. some people would not be able to stand being with a girl who looks gorgeous and can't shut up about themselves. its the same the other way around with good looking guys.

Pretty much if your confident, somewhat good looking and have a open personality your good to go... Every person is individual when it comes to who they find attractive, what personality is most liked.. it is not like every single girl in the world wants this type of guy and he has to do this and that to have a girlfriend. You have to go with your own self and hope for the best.

What Guys Said 6

• yep they are contradictory, and if you try to logically analyze what they are saying on the surface you will only end up crazy. you have to look at the deeper meaning behind things. For instance, they say they like shy guys and its true that they do, but they won't go out of their way to go for him, they want him to develop the courage to let his feelings be known to her. cause for HIM that's a huge leap. this is just a generalization but I hope you see what I'm getting at. another example would be for girls saying they don't like jerks and douchebags. what we guys see as jerks and what girls see as jerks are two different things. we see the guy who has options with girls and is really blunt with them as a jerk, but the girls might see him as this charming guy that lots of other girls want. see our own jealousy comes into the picture of how we perceive him. anyways this is just some food for thought, I think you should try to focus more on the emotions behind what a girl is telling you than the logical side.

• Look: ugly girls date nice/shy girls. The hotties (which is what every guy wants) only date the douchers. Why? Because MOST hot women are simply retarded MTV watching losers. There are a few diamonds in the rough, but theyre RARE to come by.

• well seeing as you can't even make up your mind it seems a waste to continue. these are statements you all made:

"The hotties (which is what every guy wants) only date the douchers"

... "I can't remember the last time I saw a loud doucher take a girl home."

lol.. you have no clue what your saying, you probably read all this bullsh*t out of some pickup girls book huh?

• Huh? Sorry, never read any pick up stuff before. The 'douchers' as I described FIRST aren't actually douchers. That's just the name loser nice guys give them. Real douchers are the loud, obnoxious try hards that can only pull the average, insecure drunk girl. Nice guys think I'm a douche because I pull the girls they work on for months. But I'm not a douche - I just have balls. I'm quiet in the clubs and bars, but I know how to move in when the time is right.

• every girl is different but almost every guy is the same, from what I've observed

• cause they lack logic and instincts

• Dude you are pretty close to 100% correct.

• search for "doc love' on the internet. He's kind of jerk...but a smart jerk. He explains why this is.