Is it bad that I talk too much?

When I'm on a date, I tend to talk way to much. Last week I went on a date with this one girl. I felt really nervous because she was just such a cutie so my talking mechanism kicked in- usually does when I'm around someone I really like. Its not that I didn't ask questions about her but I wasn't able to concentrate on open ended questions to ask her so I instead continued to make her laugh by telling her funny stories and I'm afraid that made me come off as very self fish ( which I didn't try to, but I'm afraid I did) I also tend to be a little less shy and not so touchy feely because I'm always worried about how the other person would respond and if my action like maybe touching her hand, will make things awkward between us. What should I do? And I already know that it shouldn't matter what they think because if they like me, they won't mind.. but how do I come across as actually what I feel.. which is caring and genuine.. I think I have a problem expressing emotion and I need to know what I should do to overcome that fear. I've gone on a bunch of dates and it just comes back.. and I also let the girl know that I tend to be less touchy if I really like her.. but it should be the opposite. damn it.. any suggestions?!?!

Most Helpful Guy

• The first step is to breathe. The next step is to not worry so much. In order to see if she likes responding tell or ask her something and then, stop. Let her respond. If she doesn't say much in detail, then continue to start the conversation. It gets annoying if you just talk at a speed similar to a bullet train without the other person's acknowledgement.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should just take it slow and act cool. Do relaxing exercises and you will be fine.

It's good to be energetic but don't over do it

What Guys Said 1

• I'm the opposite (really talkative all the time, except during a date or wtih someone I really like in general), and it hasn't worked for me at all. Just keep doing what you're doing. What some see as a quirt, others will see as endearing.