It is strange that I meet my 'friends' through b-level dating sites?

I meet guys in traditional places, but it seems to work better through sites. Am I the only one who does this?

Most Helpful Guy

• The older you get the worse those dating sites are. The women that respond come off as desperate like their biological clock is winding down. And the whole process is appalling.

A decent guy signs up and posts a pic along with some general info. He takes some time to look at profiles looking for key words or phrases. Librarian, intelligent, conversation, etc. He carefully crafts a message commenting on her pic as well as info in her bio and/or questions.

Unbeknownst to him, that profile might be a fake one to lure guys like him to the site. So he does another search and finds a few more potentials. The length of the message might be reduced since the first limited volley of messages resulted in zilch.

The messages transition from that of quality to mass quantity. It becomes a game of throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks. If he was charged for the service, they might have a couple months worth from him by the time he deletes his account.

I find that friends of friends is a better way to go most times. You do find the occasional sleeper cell (that friend who likes you but never made it known) that will sabotage your potential relationships. Other times you just join friendly sites just to chat and see who clicks with you.

What Guys Said 2

• Well, I don't use dating sites, but I've made almost all of my connections for the last few years online. MMO games, YouTube, sites like this. Everyone has their own motivation but we're usually people who're a bit more introverted. We like the differences it has from real interaction- the ability to check what you say before you hit enter, the different pace, the anonymity, whatever.

I think it's much better to have connections in real life, but takes more effort and involves a lot more of.. well, everything that comes up in any relationship.

Careful how much you do this also as it's just so different from real interactions that after a while your habits change to reflect online interaction.

• never tried dating sites but I always thought meeting people the old fashioned way was better and is better.

What Girls Said 0