She paid for dinner...what do you think?

Hey guys took out this girl for Valentine's day. The date went really well, kept a good convo going -- laughing on both sides. At the beginning (while waiting) I told her I got her a gift and that she'd have to stop by my car after the meal, along with the gift I had flowers. Anyway, she stated no.. you shouldn't have I didn't get you anything! She agreed that she would accept it. (this date was last min, and I wasn't expecting her to get me anything). So anyway the check comes right as the dessert comes (free dessert :) ). So I share it with her and she stated for me to finish it up, while she's got me distracted she must have grabbed the bill... I couldn't believe I was oblivious to her doing this! So after I am finished I look for the bill and I told her where it was? I said you didn't pay did you... and she is like yep! (proudly I might add). I told her I invited you I should have paid... she felt bad because she bought a way more expensive meal. Anyway after she got the gifts I brought it up again and she stated well what did you pay for these gifts, don't worry about it! So.. what do you guys think? I still would have liked to pay.

I might add, the last lunch we had I offered to pay, she insisted she would pay for hers. The clerk said is this one bill, I told her yes and that I would pay for both has I am grabbing my card... she is like no no we do separate. I got to tell you it makes a nice change :). I'm going to steal the bill from her next time and pay!

Most Helpful Guy

• where are you from bro? I think in the US its more standard for guy to pay. elsewhere in the world, 50/50 may be the norm. but then again there are exception to every rule. but if you feel strongly about paying for her, then you do what you feel makes you content for your values.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't worry about it. I always feel I should pay for some of the dates. It's nice enough a guy asked and made me have a good time. I usually dutch it though..like he pays for the movie tickets and I pay for the movie watching food! :)

• dont overthink it.

i like paying.

a lot of guys just assume sex is guaranteed if they pay- so I pay.

simple

What Guys Said 2

• This is an opportunity for you to go on another date. Next time, it's your treat.

• Sounds like a grown woman.