Boyfriend is always paying and buying things for me?!

My boyfriend is a nice guy who treats me right, respects me, and calls me beautiful. My only problem is he's always paying for me when we're out on dates or doing other things like going to the movies! I appreciate it and think it's nice, but I feel bad because he's spending money on me. I feel bad whenever anyone does this! I've tried countless times to stop him, but he would tell me no and that he wants to pay. His excuse is that he wants to be a "gentleman". I honestly think he holds the mentality that paying and buying me things will keep me around longer. Please help! What do I do?

Oh if this info matters, no I don't work.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's his money and he can spend it on whatever he wants. As long as you're appreciative, then I don't see the problem. Even if you don't work right now, you could suggest that he spend his money on something he'll enjoy, instead of him spending it on just you all the time.

What Guys Said 1

• There are guys who don't want their girl to lift a finger, it gives him a great feeling know he is taking care of you. Just roll with it, but if it still bothers you, then tell him how happy it would make you to spoil him sometime. From the way you describe him I doubt he does it just to keep you around when he already treats you good, respects you , and calls you beautiful.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should let him pay for you if that's what he wants to do. There's no reason to feel guilty about it...but if you want to reciprocate, why not buy him a little gift yourself every once in a while? Go out and pick up a little something you think he would like and surprise him on your next date. Or do something thoughtful and cute for him. Relationships should be give and take...let him give in his own way.