Should I listen to my heart? or my head?

I'm in love with two guys. I had sex with one that we will call Dave, and did stuff with the other that we will call Jim. Jim is a junior this year and I'm a sophomore, we talk a lot and I wrote him a cute Valentine's day letter with a secret message in it that said I like him. Dave is more complicated. He's a senior and when he graduates he's going to go into the army. We just got over a big fight were we didn't talk for a few months and he said he was over it because he want's to leave on a good note. But my heart is saying to go with Jim but my head says not to go with Jim and my head is saying go with Dave but not my heart because he's already broken it once. Which one should I choose to give a Valentine's day card to that says how I feel? I love both equally by the way. Thanks for the help!

Most Helpful Guy

• Can you explain why your head is saying to go with the guy who broke your heart? Or why not to be with Jim?

• Well after we had sex we got into a huge fight and I said some things I shouldn't have and he said he didn't know we were going to do anything when he came over when we did it when he was the one who had brought the condoms in his back pocket, so I felt like he lied to me too and it was just a mess.

• It was a lot more than that but its wayy too much to type, but my brain says Jim doesn't click with me as much as Dave because I feel like everything with Dave just clicks in place with me because we've had sex and we have kissed but I've never kissed Jim so I haven't seen if there's a spark or a stronger one with him or not...

• Allright, put Jim aside for now and figure out if you can have a relationship worth having with Dave or not. If not, might as well consider if you want to date Jim. But don't 'choose between them'. Resolve what's going on with Dave first.

What Guys Said 4

• It is general problem for youth like u, love is special and you can't love both of them at the same time. You are just sexually attracted. I advise you to be patient and understand what is love.

• No its not like a sexual thing like I don't want to do anything like that with them or anyone else, but they're two different people that both make me really happy and if its not love, then it doesn't matter to me because this is the strongest I've ever felt for someone and I can't decide which one is better for me and will actually stick around. but I do feel the same for both and it feels like love but even if its not, I have a Valentine's day letter that needs to be given to someone.

• :) I think you don't have enough experience to know love, but I think it will better to give that card to jim.

• I think he's the one I'm going to give it to too, but thanks:)

• now I am going to sleep, it is 03:30 am at Turkmenistan!

• you should listen to your vagina,

what does it want?

• ur 16 and has sex? you make me sick.

And by the way , your not in love. you don't know what love is.

• Shut up. it was once and it was because I felt like I was. and no you disgust me by telling a 16 year old that they make you sick for making a mistake, and then you put yourself as an Anonymous User. I think you need to grow up. And I feel like I am so I don't really care if you think it's real or not because you don't know my feelings nor do you know my emotions.

• A guy just like you said the same thing to me! OH DONT ACT LIKE You DIDNT FALL IN LOVE WHEN YOU WERE YOUNGER! grrrr...dont worry jasims10000, I got your back. US teens stick together in times of trouble like this. I am on the same boat as you are. I wish the luck to you and hope we both make the right choices!

• Thank you! I feel like I've made the right choices for me and this guy has no part of it!:) and thank you!

What Girls Said 1

• "If you love/like two people at once, go for the second one because if you really loved/liked the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second one." - Johnny Depp

Just follow your heart doll<3 You could just be sexually attracted to Dave.