Does anyone else not date to protect themselves?

I feel like I'm unwilling to get with this guy because I know ill get hurt. Anyone else feel this way? Any ways to get past being scared?

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely refrain from dating some guys because I am afraid of getting hurt again, ,the only thing I can really say is that if you think the guy does actually like you too then you should at least give it a shot because if you don't then you aren't even giving yourself the chance at being happy.

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe ask yourself why you feel so uncomfortable with this guy? Why are you so scared? If there is little logic behind it then maybe it is worth a risk, if there is a reason behind it, then you don't need to date him, there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

• Right now, yes. I feel that it just isn't worth pursuing women given the current state of affairs.

What Girls Said 2

• I kinda feel that way but at the same time, this genuine disinterest has taken root in me because I've been so disappointed by men.

• I went through 8 boyfriends in a year with that mentality. They were all great guys, I was just not ready. You have to be willing to fight the voice in the back of your mind telling you it's not going to work because it very well could :)