Do you think its okay for girls to slip up and make mistakes?

Our society has this standard when it comes to women that they are suppose to look and act a certain way. But yet in reality so many women do things that are bad and they regret. So my question is why should it be an issue anymore? We live in a world today where men and women are hooking up with each other and its very rare that a women is "pure" and has never had any form of sex. Sometimes even the sweetest looking girls can have skeletons in her closet.

So my question is does it make a girl a slut if she experimented and slept around a bit when she was single? Not like a bunch of men at once, but periodically over a couple of years. I was single for about 3 to 4 years and in between those time I dated a couple guys who were jerks, players, and then there were a couple where I slept with them (using protection) and never wanted anything to do with them after that because I knew they were dogs and weren't looking for a relationship.

I'm in a relationship now and have been monogamous to this person and intend to keep it that way. I would never jeopardize my relationship and love him to pieces. Overall I've always been a relationship type of person and when I was single I was always looking for a relationship deep down just had a hard time finding someone I really connected with. I've told my boyfriend most of my past like my ex boyfriends but I never told him about the guys I hit it and quit it with. I don't know if he would judge me. He says he's always been a relationship type of guy but I feel even he has skeletons in is closet that he doesn't want to tell me. So my question is should it matter what I did in my past? When I talk to friends of mine there stories make mine sound harmless and it makes me feel less of a bad person. Should I just let it go and focus on the fact that I have a loving relationship now? Do you think its important to tell your partner everything?

Most Helpful Guy

• My best friends now ex, used to fart right in front of him. He loved that she could be feminine and girlie for him but at times could be a guy too. Best of both worlds. That's what we want. Can't tell you why they broke up, because I don't know why myself

• Thanks but I don't know if that relates to my question.

• Yeah I only cheated once and it was with someone I was in a long term relationship with. I found out he was cheating on me with an ex which devastated me and I forgave him but eventually the relationship faded and I cheated and dumped him for someone else which I regret just because its a bad thing to do. In the end I should have just ended it with him the minute he cheated but I was in love with him and I only did that once. I have never cheated again and learned my lesson.

• I would never cheat on someone I was in love with. I've always been faithful even if the guy wasn't faithful back or didn't return my love. But I know that cheating isn't good and if you're not feeling it with that person anymore you should just break up instead of cheating. My boyfriend now I love him to pieces and I respect him too much to do that. If I felt things were straying I would just call it quits.

What Guys Said 3

• Should I just let it go and focus on the fact that I have a loving relationship now? Yes

Do you think its important to tell your partner everything? Your life is your life, you still deserve privacy.

• Yes I've figured its not a big deal and that I don't need to tell him everything. When I look at the nig picture I haven't done too bad. I only made a couple mistake once or twice in my life that I regret, but I know that I'll never do the again. Also my boyfriend asked me once if I ever cheated on anybody and I told him that I cheated on my ex boyfriend after I found out he cheated on me. I was afraid he'd judge me, but we're still together.

• *big

• I mean I try to look at the person she is today instead of the whore she might of been back then. I think everyone deserves some sort of a chance.

• Thats good but at the same time I don't want to think I was a whore back then. I wasn't dating multiple men at once and most of the men I slept with were gapped between 8 to 10 months where I went without sex. So each one was like every eight to ten months if that. Also I dated two guys (separately of course) and we were sleeping together and I thought we were in a relationship but I found out that they were using me or playing me which hurt which kind of led me to making the choices I made.

• *not

• Understandable.

• yes it is OK. your only normal like every1 else.

What Girls Said 1

• Personally I think everyone makes mistakes and has to go through life experiences. but we all know society is much less forgiving for girls. so just keep your skeletons in your closet and don't get into the gory details. you have a right to live your life and no you don't have to tell your partner everything. as long as you haven't slept with anyone he knows then it shouldn't come up. you don't have to lie but I don't see the need in giving full disclosure about every sexual encounter that you have ever had, especially if you know it could get you negatively judged. if I had a past I wouldn't say sh*t unless they were relationships, but I wouldn't mention my hookups.

• Yeah that's all I mentioned to him the actual relationships I was in which were like three. I never mentioned the hook ups. I'm sure he had a few hook ups back in college and he went to a party school but chooses to only tell me about the relationships he was in. I did tell him about cheating on a boyfriend once after I found out he cheated on me and that was only because he asked me and I told him the truth but I told him I never did it again.