What would be considered trying to hard or not trying enough?

What it is, I just started seeing this guy and I really can't tell weither I'm trying too hard or not trying enough. I've just recently been through a divorce and now I'm trying to get back into the dating sceen. And with me not being in this situation for over 4 years, I honestly feel dumb founded, lol! But anyway, I've gone on a date with this guy this past week and omg the date went amazing we actually had a blast with each other and we I left to go home for the night he told me that he wanted to see me again, so you know generally I was excited. But since then the only time he has texted me or called is when I have texted him first. that's what's making me feel like I'm trying to hard, but I don't wanna not text him and risk the chance of losing such a great person. I guess I'm just use to the guys chasing me and now the tables have turned, I feel like I'm having to chase him, lol! But I did flat out ask him that if I was being to straight forward to let me know and that I would back off but he said no I wasn't. So I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me, lol! I feel like a lost puppy in this situation!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Aw I know how you feel. You like him a lot and want to talk/be around him, totally understandable. But you might want to back off just a little, you don't want to come off too clingy or insecure. My advice is, try not to call/text for a few days and see if he calls/texts you. I know you don't want to lose him, but this really won't push him away. Sometimes you just have to play a little hard to get!

• Well, I did exactly what you said. I didn't text him for about 2 days and he started calling and texting me like nothing was wrong. And we have been talking non stop ever since! We're meeting up again this Tuesday. Now that we're actually talking more he seems more like he's afraid of losing me. Lol! But thanks for the advice it really helped!

• Oh that's so great, I'm so glad it worked out for you! Good luck!