What have I gotten myself into?

So this guy, a friend of mine, and I made out and I'm really confused over the whole situation. You see about 3 years ago we 'dated' for a few months but we were kinda young and that pretty much consisted of holding hands at lunch time at school. I broke it off but we still remained close friends, actually closer than were were before we started dating.

A while later he and one of my friends started dating and they were together for just under a year. I found out they broke up a few months ago and he started acting all flirty and I figured something was up between them.

Then at this party at my place me and him ended up making out fairly heavily for a while. Nobody else saw us or knew so I know my friend (his ex) had no idea.

I was talking to her before she left my place and she was telling me a little about what happened between them and I'm really confused about it all now. Apparently they were still on and off the last few months (up until about 2 wks ago) even though I thought they were over. And my friend reckons that her and the guy might get back together once he stops being mad at her (she didn't go into detail about what happened) and that this guy still likes her and has been overly flirty with other girls to cover that up.

So I'm not sure what to think - is it just my friend not being over him and doesn't want to let go or have I inadvertently landed myself in the middle of a s**t storm? I like this guy but I honestly don't know now whether he likes me back. What should I do, any advice is welcome, thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a realistic possibility that your friend might be trying to hold onto a relationship that isn't there anymore, we girls do that sometimes. But the last thing in the world that you want to do is let your heart hang out in Vulnerable Ville if he's about to get back together with her. If you really are so close, you should be able to talk to him about this (not easily, it'll probably still be kind of awkward). You deserve the truth, and you deserve it from him before he moves back ihto Coupledom with her if that's the plan. You also deserve to know if he is considering Coupledom with you. Talk to him. He's your friend. :)

What Guys Said 4

• You pretty much state what I was about to say on your last paragraphs. Women hold their first "love" in a very special spot in their heart. Men are similar to a certain point. Things in this spot tend to make us act irrationally, so no advice that I could give you would really change your mind. Since you are in university now I would recommend you do some dating of other men. University should be a pretty good place to find keepers. You have all sort of excuse to spend time with boys as well, you know with all the "studying" that you need to do. Unless you are in a female dominated faculty like nursing or education their should be plenty of men.

Even if you are in those faculty, men find women in those discipline very attractive. Date a few guys and when the right guy come along, he will fill that special spot with a warm fuzzy feeling.

• if there is any doubt

there is no doubt

move on

• Aaaaaa. Thts a hard question but .i'm aboy so I bet he's still has you in his hart somewhere that's why . And the reson why he's with your friend is to stay close to you !smart boy ain't I ? Right (*_^)

• Well I would come but maybe that's just me. Just ask him like you did now and you will be fine. ^^

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds to me like your girlfriend might have had it right. Maybe he was trying to make her jealous flirting with other girls.

If you ask him to come, don't have any expectations. He might say no, or he might say yes.

His actions tell you where you stand. It's so hard when you don't know what's going on! Do you want to pursue a guy that might still like your girlfriend?

If he likes you he will pursue you, because he knows your open to the idea because you made out.

Good luck sweetie!

• I would back off until its figured out. Talk to him about it just to clear the air but he isn't ready for a relationship with you.