Hanging out v. Dating

Whats the difference between hanging out and a date? And does "We should go out for sure" mean a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people would think they mean the same thing, but they don't. Hanging out is what you do with your friends, they come over to your house and you hang out with them, could be a party could be to play a game or something that involves a few people.

Dating means you and one other person, you don't hang out when you go on a date you spend quality time together. If someone says we should hang out that could mean they just want to hang out with you but like I said it goes more towards friends. If I see a girl I like and don't know, then I ask them on a date, I say let me take you to dinner and then afterward we can spend some quality time together, to get to know each other better. If you say spend quality time together it basically means hang out but just the two of you and no one else.

We should go out for sure means we should defiantly go on a date me and you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• For me, when a guy says he wants to "hang out", he usually means he is inviting me to spend the day with him and multiple other friends to catch a movie or go to the mall. When he says that he wants to go on a date, he usually means a private dinner with only the two of us and usually a movie. I'm not saying that all guys are like that, but the guys that I hang out with have defined those two for me. Concerning "We should go out for sure", it could go both ways depending on how the guy uses it in his sentence. If you guys were talking about a cool movie and he says "we should go out for sure" he might mean go out to see the movie and he probably said it because he's excited about it. It really just depends on what he's saying when he says "we should go out for sure".

• He just said when he comes here we should go out for sure. We went on a date a couple months ago. His best friend says he is totally interested so...