Men are so confusing. They are like... birds.

Ok... a guy and I have been dating a guy and I went out with him like 3 times. All of those 3 times has been HIS suggestion and HE was the one that asked ME out. Although whenever we are with friends, he says that he is SO ADAMANT about not starting a relationship and that he is supposedly not interested in me. Although he always says that I am beautiful and is always affectionate and he looks like he wants to kiss me half the time.

I am seriously confused... what.. is he ashamed of me or something?

Most Helpful Guy

• No.

He's scared of commitment. He likes you and probably would like to start something off, but he's probably heard so many bad stories involving girls that he's lost confidence in being with a girl.

When you guys are with friends, he's probably more open and revealing. Because they're just friends and are there to hear his rants or his views.

But when he's with you, you won't hear that truth from him. Because you're not his friend. You're a different audience. A potential love interest. But only if he stops having doubts about girls and starts believing that a relationship with you or whichever girl he goes after would be worthwhile.

• You are right there... he did have a bad relationship before. But can't he just move on from the broad? He did say that he just shut himself off from relationships which is so unfair to me. I do hope he gives me a chance and not pass me off as other girls. Because THAT is insulting. Do I LOOK Like other girls? :D

• Hey, if he can't get over that, it's his loss. He's got baggage, and he's being a f*cking cry-baby about it. Beware of this guy. He might need more time to figure girls out before he starts dating again.

What Guys Said 4

• Let me start with a question of my own. Why birds?

Actually, I had basically the exact same thing happen with a girl awhile back. Frustrating as hell. Eventually I decided to make a move, she turned me down, and I moved on. It sucks, but sometimes you just have to go for it and see what happens. If it works out, great. If not, that's fine too. At least then you know where you stand.

• I don't know... birds are just cute and I think men are cute. I am just a very hyperactive and random girl that is capable of saying ANYTHING unrelated to any subject. Product of a genius mind :D. Anyway. I do hope he gives me a chance and not brush me off :(

• He's playing mind games with you. Typical behavior of men who don't have the balls to stand up and take what they want.

• I would say more like dogs link I don't know why he is doing what he is doing but the best way to know what a man is thinking is by asking him.

• Birds are confusing?

What Girls Said 3

• It seems like he's crazy over you, but doesn't want to give you the wrong impression; from the sound of it, he's looking to play the field. He's torn between committing to you, and remaining obligation-free. Guys always get stressed out by the prospect of a relationship... it's like impending doom to them, haha. They only think about the effort a relationship entails... paying for dates, buying flowers and gifts for birthdays, calling or texting every day, bla, bla, bla. They never bother to consider all of the positive attributes of a relationship, like having someone to come home to and to depend on! Just let him know what he's missing out on, and he'll see things differently, I'm sure. Make sure he knows that you're not high maintenance, because with a beautiful girl like yourself, guys just assume that keeping you around is going to require a ton of work on their part. Don't get me wrong, we girls deserve the effort and attention, but men are convinced otherwise for some reason, haha!

Good luck!

• trust what he says around friends more than what he says around you. because he wants to get with you and keep hooking up, he's gonna tell you what he wants to hear. but he can let it all out around friends he feels more comfortable around them. telling you your beautiful just means your beautiful. wanting to kiss you just means he wants to be physical. go with his actions. I would start dating other people

• I am in the same boat. It is super frustrating... the guy I like I told him point blank I like him... and yet he says he does not want anything serious--yet he compliments me on my outfit and figure... I think the best bet would to hang out and talk frequently--- try to gage him each time.. and if you feel like you don't know anything after a while--tell the guy you like him in person and go from there.