What would people say if there were a whitepeoplemeet dating website?

Okay so I am curious because there was a commercial on for blackpeoplemeet. And it got me wondering.. What would people say if there were a whitepeoplemeet dating website? Would that be okay? Or would Al Sharpton make a big deal about it? Opinions?

I can't post links because I am not Xper 4+. This is NOT a racist question, I was just curious about peoples perceptions of this. Is it racist that black people have this website for other black people? Or would it be racist if white people had a dating website for other white people only. Please no attacks on me or each other. This is for a mature audience.
This is more of an experiment for my own knowledge to figure out why it's perfectly acceptable for something like blackpeoplemeet.com and completely unacceptable for a whitepeoplemeet.com. I am just trying to understand the double-standard better. Again, this is NOT me being a racist, that is not my inention.

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be considered racist, but I definitely see your point...it is definitely a double standard.

What Girls Said 4

• All ethnicities have their own dating sites. that's not racist and I doubt any black people would even care, I certainly wouldnt. I don't see it as a double standard because no one is stopping anyone from making a site for whites only. for all we know there are probably sites like that already.

• it would be a HUGE deal. it would end up on the news with KKK photos. people are sensitive about that. I think you should make it,but make it clear that it's just there to reveal the double standard.

• it will garner a lot more attention and criticism than this..that's for sure. but nobody can stop you from making such a site.

• I don't want to make a site like that. I was just interested at the kind of reaction that site would get for white to white as opposed to black to black.

• Lol

• I guess you'll have to start whitepeoplemeet.com and see what happens

What Guys Said 3

• There are enough white people around where it wouldn't be necessary. But hypothetically, of course there would be a sh*t storm over it.

• I again just cannot wrap my hands around the double-standard. Why is one acceptable, but the other not?

• It's mainly about history, I assume. The "whites only" era left a bad taste in people's mouth, understandably, but anything that is targeted for white people is frowned upon as being too much like the old days of segregation.

• Start a website like that! It's a great idea

• it would be considered racist.

• So why isn't it racist that there is a blackpeoplemeet.com

• Can you please explain to my why whitepeoplemeet would be racist but blackpeoplemeet isn't?

• it is racist, but if any Caucasian said something about it then they would be called racist, and if they brought up making a whitepeoplemeet.com it would be super racist...